Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Editing template.html screws up the entire thing  (Read 3182 times)

Filler

• Coppermine newbie
Editing template.html screws up the entire thing
« on: January 24, 2006, 08:53:25 am »

No matter what, even if I add one character to the template.html file (classic), it screws up the whole thing.

(http://users.airax.net/filler/uploaded/galleryerror.gif)

Even if I delete that small piece that I added, so that its back to the default state, and upload it, it is still messed up. I have to upload the template.html file from the coppermine zip for it to be fixed.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 09:30:11 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Editing template.html screws up the entire thing
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 09:17:07 am »

you're probably editing the file using a WYSIWYG editor like MS Frontpage or similar; you mustn't. Use a plain text editor (notepad.exe is fine for a start). WYSIWYG editors like Frontpage have an imfamous reputation to "optimize" code that they aren't meant to touch in the first place.
You might attach your custom file to this thread (zip it first), using "Additional options" when composing your message.

Filler

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Editing template.html screws up the entire thing
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 09:23:16 am »

you're probably editing the file using a WYSIWYG editor like MS Frontpage or similar; you mustn't. Use a plain text editor (notepad.exe is fine for a start). WYSIWYG editors like Frontpage have an imfamous reputation to "optimize" code that they aren't meant to touch in the first place.
You might attach your custom file to this thread (zip it first), using "Additional options" when composing your message.
Ok that was it, I was using Dreamweaver before, and I opened it up in Notepad, made the changes, and worked fine. Thanks a lot :).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.