Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Basis theme editing. Please Help!!  (Read 6169 times)

JimmyTarget

• Coppermine newbie
Basis theme editing. Please Help!!
« on: January 25, 2006, 04:45:48 am »

So I am pretty much retarded when it comes to coding php. But I need to edit my coppermine gallery to fit in with the look of the rest of the page I am building. I really just need to change some basic stuff. From the classic theme I need to change the following: I need my logo to post at the top of the page, I need the background color to be "#636363", the font to be "#FFFFFF" and hover "#b8b8b8", and the bars that are normally blue to be "#700000". Thats really it. I can't seem to get any of the changes I make to the style sheet to work. PLEASE help me out. Thanks.
Jimmy T.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Basis theme editing. Please Help!!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 05:12:11 am »

Link?

JimmyTarget

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 05:16:49 am »

the site is www.hiddensouth.com (its in its early stages). The gallery is at www.hiddensouth.com/coppermine/index.php

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 05:21:08 am »

I don't see the changes you made (or want to make) in the gallery's stylesheet: http://www.hiddensouth.com/coppermine/themes/igames/style.css

Which file are you editing?

Are you using classic or igames?

JimmyTarget

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 05:25:08 am »

I am currently using igames because thats the closest thing they have to what i want. I would like to make the changes i stated earlier to the classic theme. I've tried to make some of them, but I can't get any of them to show up. I have no clue what i need to change to get those specific items to change? Like i said I am really inexperienced with php, and novice at best with CSS. Can you point me in the right direction?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 05:39:39 am »

Let's clarify. Have you already made changes and can't see them or you haven't started because you don't know where?

If you've tried editing the style.css, explain exactly your process. Starting from getting the file (including the exact path) and ending with how you get the file on the server.

JimmyTarget

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 05:51:12 am »

I really have no idea where to begin. I tried to follow a tutorial which basically said to pull the "classic" (themes/classic) folder off the server to your desktop, edit the style.css to suit your needs, rename the folder, and upload back to the themes directory. then login into the admin page and change to the theme you edited. this is definitely not working. I'd really like to just start from scratch, since i don't really know what i need to edit in the css, or if i need to also make changes to template.html and theme.php. This is my first time being exposed to this stuff. Am I not asking the right questions?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 06:05:51 am »

Since you have CPG 1.3, I recommend upgrading to 1.4. You would have to upgrade the 1.3 theme once you upgrade to 1.4 so might as well just edit a 1.4 theme rather than edit a 1.3 theme now and upgrade it to 1.4 later. This would also let you start from scratch.

BTW, if igames is the theme that best suits your needs, make a copy of it and work on that copy. The suggestion to pull classic is just an example.

JimmyTarget

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 06:13:44 am »

1.3 is what automatically uploaded to my server (it installed itself). If i can figure out how to upgrade to 1.4, will i then be able to edit it? Is it easier?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 06:31:13 am »

I would suggest you manually upgrade then. The version you have is way outdated and has a security vulnerability. Once you're updated, and still need help with the theming, you can start a new thread in the 1.4 thread. Make sure to read the docs in the docs folder on how to update.

The theming engine is different in 1.4, though it's more efficient because there's less redundancy. The styling is the same. What you want to do is quite achievable once you know which files and attributes to edit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.