Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i tried reupgrading and i get fatal error...  (Read 5741 times)

drummerkid08

• Coppermine novice
i tried reupgrading and i get fatal error...
« on: January 23, 2006, 05:28:16 am »

I originally tried upgrading with fantastico but it seemed to mess some stuff up, so I tried it like it says in the documents, but all i get is fatal error for everything.  I'm not sure exactly what I need to fix.

www.shineon-media.com/gallery is the link to my site.  any help is appreciated, and let me know if you need any other information.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 06:43:35 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: i tried reupgrading and i get fatal error...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 07:26:26 am »

when going to your site and running update.php, I get an error message:
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/shineon/public_html/gallery/update.php on line 47

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/shineon/public_html/gallery/update.php on line 50
, so my guess is that something is fishy in your file include/config.inc.php - download it to your local PC and edit it with a plain text editor (notepad.exe is fine). Make sure to remove all surplus blank lines in it and re-upload the file, then run update.php once more.
Also make sure that you have uploaded all files using the proper mode in your FTP app.

drummerkid08

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 02:33:04 pm »

okay, i deleted all the extra lines in the config.inc.php.  How can you tell which CHMOD the albums and include folder should be.  Everything in my coppermine folder in FTP was set to 777, but i changed those two directories to 755 and nothing changed, I still get fatal error.

this is what my config.inc looks like, and the username and password are right for the MySQL server
Code: [Select]
<?php
    $CONFIG
['dbserver'] = 'localhost';

$CONFIG['dbuser'] = '***';

$CONFIG['dbpass'] = '***';

$CONFIG['dbname'] = '***';

$CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'] = 'cpg_';
?>
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 08:01:43 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 08:05:12 am »

OMG, never post your mySQL data on a public board - I edited your previous posting's sensitive data out. You should have it changed asap by your webhost and then reflect the changes in your include/config.inc.php file for security reasons. You shouldn't use a password as trivial as yours.
For your CHMOD settings, review coppermine's docs and/or ask your webhost for support. CHMODing isn't related to your mySQL issues though, don't confuse the two.

drummerkid08

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 04:57:38 pm »

I'm sorry about that.  I should have known better.  But I've created a new user on the database.  Okay, so the CHMOD isn't causing my problem, but I'm still confused as to what is.

i have another question...in my cpanel i went and opened up phpMyAdmin...under my copp database it says collation is latin1_swedish_ci something...does that matter for anything?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 07:46:30 pm by drummerkid08 »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 11:42:50 pm »

i have another question...in my cpanel i went and opened up phpMyAdmin...under my copp database it says collation is latin1_swedish_ci something...does that matter for anything?
no, that's fine unless you go for utf-8. Respect the "one issue per thread" policy you agreed to when signing up.

drummerkid08

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 05:30:16 am »

no, that's fine unless you go for utf-8. Respect the "one issue per thread" policy you agreed to when signing up.

sorry.  I'm still confused as to why I keep getting fatal error.  Everything in the config.inc is right.  when update is run though, it says there is an error on line 47 and 50.  these are the errors:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/shineon/public_html/gallery/update.php on line 47
Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/shineon/public_html/gallery/update.php on line 50

i opened up update.php in dreamweaver so I could see the lines, here's the code in that:
Code: [Select]
line 47:   while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($results))
line 50:     mysql_free_result($results);

drummerkid08

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 06:21:31 am »

GauGau, thanks for your help! I think I got it fixed.  I tried running the install again and it worked.  I think I may have accidentally deleted install.lock
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.