Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unusual Problem When Setting Permissions - WS_FTP 95  (Read 3965 times)

chris_in_kc

• Coppermine newbie
Unusual Problem When Setting Permissions - WS_FTP 95
« on: January 23, 2006, 04:58:37 am »

I have searched the documentation and also Google and I just can't seem to find an answer to this.  I us WS_FTP 95 to FTP my site.  I have no problem getting to the coppermine folders and finding the permissions.  However, this is what happened.  I went to set the permissions for the appropriate folders - and after setting one folder, I went to another one to set it (these were separate folders in the root directory - and not sub-folders).... when I noticed that it showed that the permissions were already set to 0777.  The thing was - I had just checked them a minute before and they were set at the default (Admin R/W everyone else R only).  So I went up a level to my root folder and started checking and saw that ALL permissions were showing up as 0777.  So, it looks like there is something set somewhere that applies permissions site-wide or something.  Of course I changed them back to the default..... but that means that the coppermine gallery won't upload.

So, is this just some sort of glitch with WS_FTP 95, or is there a setting on it that needs to be changed?  The last thing I want to do is open up my entire site on accident.

Thanks for any replies.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Unusual Problem When Setting Permissions - WS_FTP 95
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 06:53:22 am »

Your FTP app may not be capable to display the current permission status properly, don't worry. Set the permissions as suggested, ignore the permission properties.

chris_in_kc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 02:14:16 pm »

Thanks for the reply...... just to double check what you are saying (because I'm really concerned about leaving my server open to attack), I should go ahead and change the permissions for the necessary folders - even though it shows that it is changing permissions on ALL FOLDERS IN MY WEB (not just the coppermine folders - but every folder on every level).  I just want to make sure before I do something that can't be undone.

Thanks again.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 04:41:21 pm »

Do you have another way to check permissions, like a command line or cpanel?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.