Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broken Images - unable to remove them  (Read 3710 times)

-sweetdreams-

• Coppermine newbie
    • sdd tutorials & resources
Broken Images - unable to remove them
« on: January 22, 2006, 10:41:34 pm »

Hello and good afternoon

i want to apologise first off if this is the completely wrong space to post this but i'm a bit lost when it comes to knowing what version i'm using etc.

http://sddezinez.com/gallery/index.php

this is my gallery... i had it installed just fine... and then my host site managed to have 2 servers crash on them simulatneously, causing me to lose a large portion of information for my website. i have moved all the broken images/links into one folder, however i'm unable to remove any of them (delete them) as it says that the file is not writeable. i went into my ftp client to take a look and see whether or not i was able to manually remove anything but i'm guessing because there is technically nothing to remove the gallery isn't wanting to read my request to delete the non-existant folder.

i did end up asking my hosting site if they had any more recent backups and sadly they don't.

i don't know if anyone can help me and give me a lil bit of a hint as to how to remove these broken links... or do i just need to remove the whole gallery and start over once again?
(http://www.sddezinez.com/images/avatarsforme/vp/sdshoested_sindi.gif)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Broken Images - unable to remove them
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 10:51:41 pm »

you have cpg1.3.4, clearly visible on the config page as well as in the source code of the html output of your page. Moving your thread accordingly. If you can't delete pics using coppermine's user interface, use a third-party tool like phpMyAdmin, browse coppermine's pictures table and delete the entries you want to get rid off. Make sure to make a backup (dump) of the database before messing with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.