Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Couple of errors after upgrading  (Read 3757 times)

valewolf

• Coppermine newbie
Couple of errors after upgrading
« on: January 22, 2006, 10:37:40 pm »

Everything is working fine after I upgraded my galleries except for a couple of things: the language (originally spanish) looks extremely weird now. The accents are not showing at all. Instead I have these weird signs and icons. Is there a link where I can download the correct language package? And can I actually replace it with the one I have now without having trouble or error messages?

Another thing is that I originally set the galleries as public so that everyone can view the pictures without having to register an account. Now only the registered users can view them since you get immediatly redirected to the log in section. How can I remove that and leave it as it was?

And finally there isn't a link to the configuration section. The section is there but I can only access it by writing the link myself but it looks really different now. Although I'm not sure if it really has an actual problem, since it's hard to read everything because of the language error I mentioned above.

By the way, I updated the galleries automatically through my cpanel. In case you needed to know that. So I don't think I did anything wrong myself since the only message I had in my cpanel before upgrading was not to upgrade automatically if I had mods or add ons, which I don't have.

The galleries are here: http://www.potterincantatem.com/galeria

Thanks in advance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Couple of errors after upgrading
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 11:00:13 pm »

1) You have cpg1.4.2, while the most recent stable version is cpg1.4.3. You should upgrade
2) Cpg1.4.x comes with language files that are encoded in utf-8 by default. You're using Western (iso8859-1) encoding instead
3) So far, not spanish language file has been contributed for cpg1.4.x, so you can only use the old cpg1.3.x language file. Although many things work as expected, using the new language fallback option that has been introduced in cpg1.4.x, some things (like the config page) won't fully work if you don't have an actual spanish language file for cpg1.4.x

I'm a bit irritated that a large language community like the users who speak spanish haven't managed to contribute a language file for the new coppermine version, while there have been contributions for languages that only very few people in the world actually speak. If you're ready to do a translation, review the translation thread on the Announcements board.

valewolf

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Couple of errors after upgrading
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 04:40:33 am »

Oh... I thought I was upgading it to the newest version  but that was the only one I had for downloading automatically though my host. I'll upgrade it manually then. Thanks a lot. I'll see if it works.

I'm irritated too that there's no other spanish script for download but then again not all of us have so much time to spare. I already use my limited time online to maintain three very popular websites.
Still I apreciate the help given and I'll see if one day I can give something back to this site.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.