Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple URLS  (Read 7720 times)

crashnet

• Coppermine regular visitor
Multiple URLS
« on: October 05, 2003, 01:15:53 am »

My website is a wallpaper website and I have two different sizes of wallpapers:  800x600 and 1024x768.  Can you add a feature that will put the thumbnail then below it will put URLS to each size of the wallpaper.  For example, you could make the script like this:

If the wallpaper were called Super Car these could be possible filenames:

super_car_800.jpg
super_car_1024.jpg

The script would recognize the 800 and the 1024 and know that each of these files are the same with the exception that they are different sizes of the same image.  This would also require to have an upload form online for my users to upload both sizes of the images IF they have both sizes, meaning these fields would need to be optional with the first upload field being a requirement so SOMETHING is uploaded.  Then when the image is posted, the two different URLS would be posted below a NONCLICKABLE thumbnail image of the wallpaper.  Here is an example that I came across:

http://www.gamewallpapers.com/wallpapers.php?titel=Midnight+Club+2

Opening into a seperate window of size 800x600 (like the link above) and a preview link as well for a larger thumbnail size would be a great addition as well.  These are not necessary though, and if I could do one or the other I would rather have the wallpapers open up in a seperate 800x600 sized window.  

Thanks I hope this can be implemented in the next version of Coppermine!

Zarsky

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Zerr Family Website
Multiple URLS
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 08:07:56 am »

This can theortetically be accomplished with extensive editing of the theme.php file in the section titled:

Code: [Select]
// HTML template for thumbnails display
$template_film_strip = <<<EOT

<tr>
         <td valign="top" background='themes/igames/images/tile.gif' align="center" height='30'>&nbsp;</td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
        <td valign="bottom" class="thumbnails" align="center">
          {THUMB_STRIP}
        </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
         <td valign="top" background='themes/igames/images/tile.gif' align="center" height='30'>&nbsp;</td>
        </tr>
<!-- BEGIN thumb_cell -->
                                        <a href="{LINK_TGT}">{THUMB}</a>&nbsp;
                                        {CAPTION}
                                        {ADMIN_MENU}
<!-- END thumb_cell -->
<!-- BEGIN empty_cell -->
                <td valign="top" align="center" >1&nbsp;</td>
<!-- END empty_cell -->

EOT;

You would probably have to use standardized filenames and re-write that section of theme.php quite a bit.  I know this looks complicated, but it actually is rather simple if you know HTML well.  I think this is a neat idea, but not really something most people would find worthwhile.  You could also use the FAQ entry about making user definable fields clickable to facilitate this rather easily.
Read the Online DOCs, FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.

crashnet

Multiple URLS
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2003, 06:27:28 pm »

Ok thats cool.  Will will the theme.php file be any different for version 1.2?  I don't want to start playing with it if theme.php is different in 1.2.

I appreciate your help!  I'm great with HTML, but if I have any problems would you be able to help me with any questions I may have?  Once again, thanks for your help! :)

Zarsky

• VIP
    • Zerr Family Website
Multiple URLS
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 06:31:22 pm »

1.2 will not be a very dramatic change for any of the templates.  You should be OK for now with regards to that.  MOst of the changes for 1.2 are little feature additions, to help the devs get used to the codebase.  Later versions could alter the behaviour of theme.php quite a bit, but you should be ok for the near future.
Read the Online DOCs, FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
Multiple URLS
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2003, 06:42:27 pm »

Quote from: "zarsky99"
1.2 will not be a very dramatic change for any of the templates.

Errr... theme.php in 1.2 will not be backward compatible and has several changes - so don't expect your changes to work in 1.2 by just copying over the old theme.php
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

Zarsky

• VIP
    • Zerr Family Website
Multiple URLS
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2003, 07:00:06 pm »

Tarique,

I should have been more specific...what I meant to say was he should be able to cut-n-paste his changes into the new theme.php in the appropriate location and it would still work.   We have not made any major changes to the DB or directory structure.

crashnet

Multiple URLS
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2003, 12:49:08 am »

Now that 1.2 is released, I was wondering if anyone would mind helping me modify the template so I can do this?  It would look like this:

Code: [Select]

------------------
   |                |
   |                |
   |  Thumbnail     |  <----Not clickable
   |                |
   |                |
   ------------------

800 X 600  <----displays the 800x600 version
      1024 X 768  <---displays the 1024x768 version

Naturally there would be only one thumbnail of each image posted, with the links for each picture...if its easier, you can use the intermediate image and the put the links below that so there is only page with comments on it.  Each link would open a new window to display the image.  The big thing here is I don't know how to upload the images so only one thumbnail is shown of each wallpaper and not two wallpapers because there are two different files.  Thanks for the help in advance! :)

crashnet

Multiple URLS
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2003, 07:39:18 pm »

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to assist me with this modification.  Unfortunately I'm not the best with php and I really would not know where to start. :(

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Multiple URLS
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2003, 07:42:27 pm »

Patience, grasshopper. :)
&quot;Then, Fletch,&quot; that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, &quot;let&#039;s begin with level flight . . . .&quot;

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

crashnet

Multiple URLS
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2003, 03:04:29 am »

Quote from: "hyperion"
Patience, grasshopper. :)

Lol...I am I am...its just I'm so afraid I'll end up in the same position I was in when I went to 4images with the same question.  I have to have this modification or I can't use the software.  I even tried to do it myself but failed miserably.  Supposedly its not a hard mod to make.  I would be forever greatful if someone could help me figure out how to make it so there is only one thumbnail shown for each wallpaper with two links under it, one for each of the different sizes.  You don't know how much this would mean!   :cry:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.