Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album management for repetative tasks question?  (Read 3497 times)

sandant

Album management for repetative tasks question?
« on: January 20, 2006, 05:20:47 am »

I have used coppermine for sometime as a tool to relay apple quality information to various contacts, I represent a growers group and need to display images to various people of the apples.

There structure in which I do this is very repetitive and I am looking for ways to optimize/streamline the process. Here is what I do and need to do.

Apples are listed in variety’s (being the categories). Under each Variety I have them broken into lot numbers (being Albums) (see simplified example below)
I use the lot numbers as the keywords as well, I also use the same description for every image within an album(lot) . So I have a sfixed number of categories but a list of albums that change constantly, I can be adding up to 10- 15 albums per day at times and as you can imagine its time consuming and quiet a boring task at times.
So I would put it to you guys to help me with a solutions as to the best method to automate the process as much as possible.

I take images as they are ready to be reported on and write my observations on the apples in a word document. I then optimize the images and upload them to the server. I then have to create an album insert the images to it. I then copy and paste my report into the album description. I then go to each image and paste the same text to each image description and lastly I enter the same keyword (in my case a number) into the keyword field.

I feel there must be a quicker and easier way to do this any suggestions? Below is a basic structure of the gallery.
Help on this would be greatly appriciated.

Red Del

Gal

Pink lady

Granny smith

Bonza
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 05:28:28 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Album management for repetative tasks question?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 05:28:07 pm »

not a valid feature request, there's no support in the feature requests section (see sticky thread). Marking accordingly and locking.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 10:59:00 am »

sandant by PM, subject line
if you use a brian cell you would determine it
:
nice way to answer a first post, if you used you brain you can interpret it as a feature to manage albims and categories better !

just forget it i wont be back please delete my account, i will aslo look into using another
pre made gallery, thanks to your rude ignorant attitude.

regards

Administrator
Coppermine wizard

View Profile WWW Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 05:28:07 PM »

not a valid feature request, there's no support in the feature requests section (see sticky thread). Marking accordingly and locking.

I'll do as suggested and delete your account. Have a nice life.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.