Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having issuse transfering Coppermine Photo Gallery to my server  (Read 5104 times)

Ekac

• Coppermine newbie
Having issuse transfering Coppermine Photo Gallery to my server
« on: January 21, 2006, 12:08:33 pm »

Well I tried uploading latest version of it

and it seems that I cant upload 21 files of it, which are:

cpg143/docs/faq_fr.htm
cpg143/docs/index.htm
cpg143/docs/index_fr.htm

cpg143/include/functions.inc.php
cpg143/include/themes.inc.php

language/basque.php
language/chinese_big5.php
language/dutch.php
language/english.php
language/french.php
language/german.php
language/german_sie.php
language/italian.php
language/japanese.php
language/korean.php
language/norwegian.php
language/polish.php
language/slovenian.php
language/spanish.php
language/swedish.php

versioncheck.php
language/basque.php

And message that Im getting is that those files are overthere already, and asking me if I want to overwrite it with new files (same sizes) but few weeks never

And error Im getting while transferring is:
ASCII resume is unsafe, please delete the file first

Can you help me with this, please

thanks, Ekac
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 03:44:34 am by TranzNDance »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Having issuse transfering Coppermine Photo Gallery to my server
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 12:27:24 pm »

It's hard to give you advice on how to operate your FTP app without knowing what FTP app you use and what you did before. Don't use integrated upload clients like the one built into MS Frontpage, but a regular, dedicated FTP app. There may be an option in your FTP app to allow files to be overwritten without prompting, I recommend reading the manual or online help of your FTP app. Turn off the resume option in your FTP app, you'll want to do a fresh upload.
What kind of advice do you expect from us - we're coppermine experts, not the support staff of your FTP app?

Ekac

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 02:42:09 am »

It's hard to give you advice on how to operate your FTP app without knowing what FTP app you use and what you did before. Don't use integrated upload clients like the one built into MS Frontpage, but a regular, dedicated FTP app. There may be an option in your FTP app to allow files to be overwritten without prompting, I recommend reading the manual or online help of your FTP app. Turn off the resume option in your FTP app, you'll want to do a fresh upload.
What kind of advice do you expect from us - we're coppermine experts, not the support staff of your FTP app?

Im using Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional 2006.0.1.0

And I did that option so files will be overwritten without prompting,

I also talked to server's support, and they tried uploading it too, but got pretty much same errors
so Im not sure whats up,

is there any chance I could do something to fix this, maybe danish version for the lang folder

thanks, Ekac

Ekac

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 03:38:56 am »

ok, ive finally got it, some stupid thing i did, but its all good now

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 02:24:37 pm »

it would be helpful for others if you posted what you actually did wrong and how you fixed it, as this is the purpose of a support board: we learn from mistakes - others might benefit from your mistakes as well. Of course it takes guts to admit a mistake, but it would be a nice way to show your appreciation for the free app you get - give something back to the community.

Ekac

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 01:22:21 am »

it would be helpful for others if you posted what you actually did wrong and how you fixed it, as this is the purpose of a support board: we learn from mistakes - others might benefit from your mistakes as well. Of course it takes guts to admit a mistake, but it would be a nice way to show your appreciation for the free app you get - give something back to the community.

I know it takes some guts to do it,
well usually when you download some stuff from net as zipped files you unpack it on your computer and then upload that folder, thats what I thought Ive gotta to with CPG, but I was wrong

Then finally came up with idea to upload it as zipped file and then uncompress it,

Im new too working with CPG, but everyday theres something new to learn

ekac

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 07:22:46 am »

Thanks for returning and saying what you did.
well usually when you download some stuff from net as zipped files you unpack it on your computer and then upload that folder, thats what I thought Ive gotta to with CPG, but I was wrong
Unzipping the coppermine package to your local pc and then uploading the unzipped folder is the usual and recommended method to do this. If this method failed for you, you haven't unzipped properly - you probably have disabled to option in your zip app to preserve the folder structure of your zip file.
Your solution is OK, but not recommended for everyone (as many users won't be able to unzip on the server). My recommendation to others who browse this thread is to do as I suggested and unzip the package to your local PC first, preserving the folder structure. After you did so, upload the whole folder structure to your server.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.