Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Upload - There are no folders inside the "albums" folder yet.  (Read 5402 times)

jpeg

• Coppermine newbie

To begin with I would like to thank you for this gallery and your support of it.

Problem:
When I select batch upload I always get this message:
-----------------------------------------------------
please select a directory

There are no folders inside the "albums" folder yet. Make sure to create at least one custom folder within "albums" folder and ftp-upload your files there. You mustn't upload to the "userpics" nor "edit" folders, they are reserved for http uploads and internal purposes.
-----------------------------------------------------
This is on a server I have made on my computer at home and figuring things out [as a newbie] as I go.
I have manually created folders off of the Albums dir and included pictures using WindowsXP and have recently added an ftp server and added folders and included pictures - always the same result.
I have read the help - 4.11.1 Uploading pics by FTP / Batch-Add Pictures - but can't figure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 08:09:44 pm by GauGau »

jpeg

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Batch Upload - There are no folders inside the "albums" folder yet.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 02:26:39 pm »

Sorry about this but I just went back and turned off [no]
Browsable interface (recommended)  Yes/No
And now it works.
Sorry about the trouble.
Keep up the great work.

meso

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 03:24:43 am »

I'm glad that you figured it out by turning off the browsable interface (which it says it's not recommended). How do we get it to work with turning the browsable interface "on" any way? Any one knows?
Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 04:48:55 am »

The browsable batch-add interface is the new interface in cpg1.4.x, and we consider it to be better than the old classic interface in terms of usability. However, there are issues with some server setups (on Windows servers) where server vars don't get populated correctly as suggested in the PHP docs. Unless users on such Windows boxes can figure out what they need to change on their server setups to make PHP work as expected, they can't use the browsable batch-add interface and will have to use the old one. That's why we left the old interface in coppermine's code, to allow even those users still to use coppermine. You won't loose anything, batch-add will still work - you just can't browse the folder structure, but you'll see the whole structure in one huge list, that's all. This has been explained in some other threads already - in the future, please search before posting.
Bottom line: if the browsable interface doesn't work for you, use the classic one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.