Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permission issue after fresh install.  (Read 3476 times)

3rdde

• Coppermine newbie
Permission issue after fresh install.
« on: January 19, 2006, 12:52:50 pm »

this thread says that it is solved but I do not see a solution posted.

I just moved to a new server.
I was unable to restore CPG exactly the way it was, so basically I did a fresh install, and now I have to manually add each of the categories, albums and pic sets AGAIN. which is a mojr pain in my a$$. however the big problem is that all of my folders say taht they are not writeable adn I am unable to delete an album after I insert it.

I get this message

Directory 'albums/bdsm/aug5-05-charliesangels/' is not writable, files can't be deleted 

I have checked the permissions, adn the folders are all writeable...

help !

thanks !
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 05:55:56 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Don't have permission to delete (solved)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 05:54:41 pm »

How can you be sure that the permissions are set OK? Don't trust what your FTP client tells you. If you CHMODed to 755, try 777 or vice versa. If this doesn't work for you, there might be an ownership issue, you you might have to ask your webhsot for support (ask them to CHOWN for you).
However, your question is not related at all to the thread you replied to in the first place, so I split it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.