Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re-Installing/Backup/Restoring CopperMine  (Read 2512 times)

ejazasi

• Coppermine newbie
Re-Installing/Backup/Restoring CopperMine
« on: January 19, 2006, 12:41:29 pm »

I am sure much of what I am going to ask must've been answered elsewhere but I couldn't mostly get out of those replies, hence starting a new thread. My sincere apologies for the annoyance.
I installed CM and uploaded couple of pictures at my home machine (XP-Apache) and now want to move all the files (and hopefully database) as well to my client's Laptop (XP-Apache) from where I'd upload everything to internet. Don't ask me why so many movements. I am not particularly sure if the client's laptop Computer Name should also be changed to what my home machine's is and where would all changes occur?
How exactly would I need to use PhpMyAdmin to backup and then restore or reinstall the same exact replica over my client's machine and then to internet? I have used WordPress' backup procedure through PhpMyAdmin but not sure if the same options would be used in CopperMine's case as well.
And after I have taken backup, how exactly do I need to restore the whole database and probably whole coppermine folder from my home machine to client's laptop?
I know the answer may be pretty simple but I am being extremely panicky and confused... Any help?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Re-Installing/Backup/Restoring CopperMine
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 06:13:50 pm »

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#BackupDatabase

The hostname of the machine doesn't matter at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.