Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gallery just won't load - main or interior!  (Read 2575 times)

M3

• Coppermine novice
Gallery just won't load - main or interior!
« on: January 17, 2006, 10:02:15 pm »

So I have several installs of Coppermine on my account, and none of them are having problems except my main one, which is also my biggest.

I can't get in. When I use my bookmark to go right to my gallery main page, it won't load. It just sits there. If I go through my website, clicking the link to "Let me in the gallery!" it won't load. It can take 45 minutes of repeated clicking to get it to just get to the main gallery page.

[like I said, NONE of my other ones are doing this, which baffles me]

Once I'm inside, I can't do very much. If I click Batch Add, it won't load. Another 30 minutes later, I get into Batch Add and click a folder to start working on, it won't load.

I've even had problems just clicking on the gallery categories to see my own pictures, the album just won't open.

And I've clicked on pictures only to have a small black box load instead.

The gallery, as it stands, as far as I can tell since I can't actually see how many files I have, is at about 7,500 files - pictures, wallpapers, icons and zip files of a radio show. I would have sworn people on here have had much more than that in a gallery and it works!

I honestly don't know what to do or where the problem might lie. If it is with our server, then suggestions on what I can modify on the gallery to enable it to run? If it is just an overloaded gallery, then suggestions on what the cap limits would be?

Nibbler

Re: Gallery just won't load - main or interior!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 10:25:19 pm »

Posting a link would help.

M3

• Coppermine novice
Re: Gallery just won't load - main or interior!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 11:26:49 pm »

Hah, yeah it would.

http://www.thefotohut.com/pictures

eta: I went to give it a shot in IE because I really wanted to share some new pics I uploaded but couldn't add, and it worked fine in IE, so I went back to FireFox and now it's working ok again! It's like it has periods where it's totally fine, then all of a sudden it just won't load the gallery, but when I try another gallery on my account, it works, I can batch add, delete, etc.

I'm going to wait for another down period and try it in IE again....

editing AGAIN because this is the third time this has happened when it comes "back" from a period of not loading:

Batch adding into a gallery, having uploaded three new pictures, the gallery finds ALL the photos to be new and check marks all photos to be batch added. But in checking the album, all the files are already uploaded and working.

in addition, it just adds them all again, not giving me a DP error message in Batch Add, tacking all the duplicates onto the very end of the previous album. Which by all rights is insane, it should be catching a duplicate file instantly and not uploading any of it!

I think this might be related to it being not loading, since I've never ever had this problem of it not pulling strictly new files in any other installation or up until a few days ago when it started not loading. So I figured I'd add it here, if it's not related, I can make a new post, that's fine.

maybe my gallery is just haunted
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 12:20:08 am by M3 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.