Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download button on file page?  (Read 5309 times)

capecodgal

• Coppermine frequent poster
Download button on file page?
« on: November 15, 2006, 06:42:47 pm »

Hi-

Not sure if I am posting this in the correct place or not, so please forgive me if this is not the correct area-

I have been looking for a mod/ hack and have not found one so I am not sure if this has been addressed yet or not.... I saw a few other requests for this but the threads were not answered and I would like to see this as a feature in Coppermine for future development or if there is a current mod/ hack for this maybe some one could point me to the thread-

I would love a feature to allow a download button and possibly a e-mail to friend button on an individual file..... (very much like the way pafiledb works) The zip dpwnload of favorites is nice but many gallery users just don't even seem to know it is there or how to use it. Basically when I upload videos to my gallery they are in a  zip file and I create a thumb image to upload as well but novice users of the gallery don't know enough to click on the thumb to be prompted to download the file... I suppose I could create my own button to use as the thumb image but then that would show in the albm list as well.....

The e-mail to friend button would come in very handy as well especially since coppermine is able to send e-mails for registration  ;)

Any plans for these to be added for 1.5?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Download button on file page?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 06:51:22 pm »

The e-card feature is already existing??
What's wrong about clicking the rmb - save as??

capecodgal

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 08:05:01 pm »

Ok so e-card would be the e-mail to friend feature- I appologize I did not even realize that was alreay a feature- thank you for the clarification  ;D

Nothing is wrong with right clicking and save as...... the issue is not every one knows they are to rt click and save as or to click the thumb to download the zip...... I have tried putting "video" on my thumbs in the past so they know, but they still ssk me where to download it...... I have considered making my own "download" button to use as a thumb but then that appears in the album view as well as the file view which I don't want all my videos to have the same thumb on the album view- I want users to see which scene they would be downloading and then when they get to the file page have a button to downlod the file. I understand that all they have to do is click the thumb I am just sick of people asking me where to download the file or they don't understand they just have to click it.

If there is a way to have 2 different thumbs on 1 file that would work for me- regular thumb on the album view of files and then "download button" thumb on the actual file view? I can make the button its just a matter of how to implement it....... thats why I was suggesting either of these options for future development.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 11:05:32 pm »

There are several download mods.

capecodgal

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 01:01:27 am »

Thanks Gau Gau- I had searched the forum and found everything but what I was looking for..... I'll go back through and search further  :)

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 10:24:48 pm »

if you need help looking for the 'download mod' that fits to your needs then please use the support board for that
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.