Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge problems  (Read 7264 times)

Brivtech

• Coppermine newbie
Bridge problems
« on: January 16, 2006, 05:26:34 pm »

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine and phpbb 2.0.19 (With Categories Hierarchy 2.1.14):
I am unable to creat a sucessful bridge, although installation appears to work...

Writing to database: full_forum_url|http://forum.balandraconexion.com
Writing to database: relative_path_to_config_file|../forum/
Writing to database: cookie_prefix|phpbb2mysql

So far, the settings you specified have been written into the database, but BBS integration hasn't been enabled. You can switch integration on/off later at any time. Make sure to remember the admin username and password from standalone Coppermine, you might need it later to be able to make any changes. If anything goes wrong, go to http://album.balandraconexion.com/album//bridgemgr.php and disable BBS integration there, using your standalone (unbridged) admin account (usually the one you set up during Coppermine install).

Bridge Manager: emergency recovery If you came here to administer the BBS integration of your Coppermine gallery, you have to log in first as admin. If you can not log in because bridging doesn't work as expected, you can disable BBS integration with this page. Entering your username and password will not log you in, it will only disable BBS integration. Refer to the documentation for details.

It appears that although I keep checking the ENABLE button, the above emergency recovery error keeps appearing, making the default become DISABLE.

Coppermine install: http://album.balandraconexion.com/
Forum install: http://forum.balandraconexion.com
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.2
Forum version: phpbb 2.0.19 (With Categories Hierarchy 2.1.14)
Test user account: C_Test_User / testpass

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://forum.balandraconexion.com
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../forum/
Use post-based groups?:  1 

Subdomains are set up by the server through a folder, so forum.balandraxonecion.com also works as www.balandraconexion.com/forum, although cookies would need revision.

Any suggestions on what the correct settings should be to get this to work?

hobby

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Bridge problems
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 06:07:35 pm »

hello,

i also have this problem. the bridging assistent says all well done. but i ve the following problem:

a) bridge ON:
by clicking on login (in coppermine) i going to be redirected to my phpbb 2.0.19 login page, but he dont accepts any user except admin. and then, wenn i logged in, i only can access my board. coppermine is not useable anymore.

b) bridge OFF
phpbb as standalone, all is fine
coppermine as standalone and it works.

after this i looked up into my DB and saw, that ALL values are emtpy, except those, how i wrote into the bridge-assistent (forum url, path, cookie prefix)....but all the other, like db name, password, user, group and userstuff are emtpy.

can anybody help us???

thx...

-hobby (DE)

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 06:11:16 pm »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24032.0

after this i looked up into my DB and saw, that ALL values are emtpy, except those, how i wrote into the bridge-assistent (forum url, path, cookie prefix)....but all the other, like db name, password, user, group and userstuff are emtpy.

That's normal. Such information is not stored in the database.

hobby

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 06:18:39 pm »

oh..sorry. it was completely my fault. i dont used the same cookie name, because i thought at first they must be different.

anyway:

now everythink works fine, phpbb 2.0.10 with coppermine 1.4.3
great, REALLY great works.

thanks folks!!!

bye
-hobby

Brivtech

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 08:14:29 pm »

oh..sorry. it was completely my fault. i dont used the same cookie name, because i thought at first they must be different.

anyway:

now everythink works fine, phpbb 2.0.10 with coppermine 1.4.3
great, REALLY great works.

thanks folks!!!

bye
-hobby

Lucky for you, but my problem still goes unanswered.  >:(

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 08:18:26 pm »

Please fix the link to your gallery.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 11:07:10 pm »

And you were right: the cookie names for coppermine and your bbs must differ! Don't confuse terms, "cookie prefix" or "cookie domain" are not the same as "cookie name".

Brivtech

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 12:09:47 am »

Please fix the link to your gallery.

The link is outdated because there was no response to this thread within a reasonable amount of time, and an alternative interim solution was arrived at. This was 1 of 2 questions that I posted and didn't get a reply (in the form of a solution response) to. Can't say I didn't wait patiently either. Here's the other question that explains why the link of this thread doesn't work: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=26558.0

It seems to me that it's only because someone else added eventually to my thread (Although his problem was different) that there was a response. It seems to me that whenever sub-domains and bridging are mentioned shivers run through the developers spines. Why is something so simple for other software applications (Like Joomla for instance) so difficult for Coppermine?

I really like the Coppermine software, it's about the best I've seen, especialy being open source, but integration with anything that doesn't seem basically standard does concern me.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 12:24:49 am by Brivtech »

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 12:27:16 am »

I was abroad when you posted so I missed this thread. You can 'bump' threads if you dont get a reply within a few days. The bridging system is very powerful and has no issues with subdomains. If you can provide a working test account then I can take a look into the issue for you.

Brivtech

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 12:38:44 am »

I was abroad when you posted so I missed this thread. You can 'bump' threads if you dont get a reply within a few days. The bridging system is very powerful and has no issues with subdomains. If you can provide a working test account then I can take a look into the issue for you.

Greatly appreciated and I'll set up another example site with subdomains in the morning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.