Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Login looping and not entering site  (Read 4100 times)

LindaAtl

• Coppermine newbie
    • Allen Artwork -  Creativity building inspiring solutions.
Login looping and not entering site
« on: January 16, 2006, 03:31:02 pm »

When logging in with correct user ID & password, pages comes up saying Welcome XXX... then returns to login page rather than going to album list.

This only randomly happens, and I thought it might just be my computer when it did, but I heard from a client this morning who is experiencing the same problem and can't get past the login page.

Is there a hack out there to fix this that I haven't been able to find?

Thanks,
Linda
Thanks,
Linda

Blueiris

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Horse poor!
    • Saddlebred World Gallery
Re: Login looping and not entering site
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 06:17:08 pm »

No, there's no hack, because this doesn't need fixing in the program itself. This seems to be a cookie problem. The only way I could duplicate this on your gallery, using the test login you posted in your other thread, is by disabling cookies for your site.

When I disabled the cookies, login sent me to the welcome page, and then bounced back to the login page, with a warning at the top of the login box "Warning your browser does not accept script's cookies." Are you or your client getting that warning when this happens?
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink - he's got to discover that it's wet for himself.

LindaAtl

• Coppermine newbie
    • Allen Artwork -  Creativity building inspiring solutions.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 06:25:46 pm »

I did initially get that message and then changed my cookie settings...

What do you suggest?  I obviously won't know what everyone's cookie settings are...

If I can't change that, can I at least change the cookie message warning to say something different?  And if so, what should it say?
Thanks,
Linda

Blueiris

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Horse poor!
    • Saddlebred World Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 09:05:51 pm »

No, you can't know what everyone's cookie settings are, and a book could be written on the problem of browser settings that deny cookies. So we won't go there!

It's hard to suggest a cookie message that will be suitable for your site. You know your clients better than I do! You could change the font size on the message, or make it blink, or something else to get the user's attention and make them aware that cookies are necessary to log in.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink - he's got to discover that it's wet for himself.

thoxic

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 09:41:04 pm »

I have the same problem, but for me nothing appear at the top.

I´ve posted in other topic, too!

www.ashlee.com.br/galeria

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 08:29:08 am »

I´ve posted in other topic, too!
well, then don't cross-post >:(! Your issue differs and is being taken care of.

mikerogal

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 08:34:35 pm »

I too have the same looping problem and have no error messages that come with it. I tried to register a new username but the email to register doesn't show up either. I do however recieve a email that says a new member has registered with the name chosen. This is a new installation and was working fine yesterday. Haven't added any mods or bridges.

mikerogal

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 09:07:54 pm »

I did some checking with different browsers and I found that Internet Explorer doesn't let me in but if I use firefox (available from my website http://mikerogal.com in the bottom right hand corner) I could get in with no problems. If anyone knows how to fix this issue please let me know. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.