Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Create manual admin account?  (Read 4623 times)

Delta-Omega

• Coppermine newbie
Create manual admin account?
« on: January 16, 2006, 02:46:02 pm »

Hi,

Is there a possibility to edit a script to add an administrator account manually? Cause since the installation gave many errors, I've changed the config.inc.php and install.lock myself.

The photogallery is working now, but generally I have no login for an administrator :-X cause I skipped the install script due to the errors.

I've searched almost al the php scripts in the main folder.. and also under phpmyadmin.. but I can't find anything to add that account...

Sooooo, anyone got some suggestions? :-[

thnx
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 04:21:39 pm by Paver »

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: Create manual admin account?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 02:36:11 am »

Do you have any users in your users table?  Using phpMyAdmin, you can view the users table (cpg143_users).  If you know the password of one of the users, you can change the user_group field to the value '1' which is the Administrators group, then log in and set things up as you like.

If you had trouble with the install script though, there might be other issues, so you may want to do a clean install of Coppermine 1.4.3 from the Downloads link above, or clean upgrade if you're coming from an earlier version, following the upgrade instructions in the docs.  Installation or upgrading should be fairly straight-forward.

Delta-Omega

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 09:00:53 am »

To be honest... since the installation gave errors I didn't even run the setup the second time, but configurated the whole thing manually...

So no.. I don't have any users in the table :(

And I installed the full package of cpg 1.4.3, but I've never ran a coppermine photogallery before :-X so it's no upgrade.

I'm going to try delete the cpg143_ tables from the database, and run the install again.

I've also tried the older version of cpg, cause I thought this 1 might work, but the setting "register long arrays" must be enabled on my webhost.. but I get no response from the webmaster.. so it's not working either >:(

Anyways, I'm gonna try the database thingy and hope for the best ;D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 09:26:45 am by Delta-Omega »

Delta-Omega

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 09:23:59 am »

well... I deleted all the table's in the database... uploaded the cpg143 gallery... ran the install.. and I get the error "Unable to write config file 'include/config.inc.php'.

I don't get it, because with other gallery's I tried it worked fine, I could write the config file. Maybe you wanna know why I want coppermine, cause it got more functions with it, and it looks cooler ;)

Anyways, I made the config file myself with the correct information, but it still says it can't write..

And when I put the install.lock in the \includes map I am able to show the gallery, but I've got no user configs... like before, so i'm running in circles... :-\

Delta-Omega

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 10:13:27 am »

Ok it's working, I edited the install.php script. I deleted line 573 "write_config_file();", tried again and it worked. Admin account is created.

So I think this 1 can be closed :P

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 04:15:50 pm »

I don't know.  I'm glad you found a work-around, but you really should be able to write that config file using the install.php script.  This has go to be a permissons issues on your server, so I'm going to mark this thread as "Closed" in that it's not a valid Coppermine issue.  If you had solved this as a permissions issue, I would use "Solved".  Strange things can happen, and I hope they do not happen again to you using Coppermine, but it just bugs me that this happened.  In any case, good luck!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 04:22:42 pm by Paver »

Delta-Omega

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 04:22:51 pm »

Yeah, I noticed that I really don't have much permissions on my host server.

I made a php script to see the php configuration on the server and a couple of commands are disabled, which must be enabled to work with some php scripts.. so I'm going to contact the administrator and discuss it with him, cause my site doesn't really become "competed" @ this rate :-[

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 04:26:46 pm »

That's a good way to go.  Hopefully your webhost will be amenable to giving you those features/permissions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.