Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine doesn't import groups from board  (Read 7376 times)

cassie396

• Coppermine regular visitor
Coppermine doesn't import groups from board
« on: January 09, 2006, 01:12:00 am »

I have bridged together Coppermine 1.4.2 and PHPBB 2.0.18 with Categories Hierarchy  2.1.4.

Everything works fine, login/out, redirects, all of it. Except today I noticed that Coppermine isn't importing the groups from the message boards. I've added a couple different ones to test, and it never shows up in Coppermine. Is there something I need to do? I'm really worried about this because I can't manually add groups since they are bridged together, there's no button at the bottom to let me (which would be fine if there was that option, even if it is more work).

Please help!
Thanks,
Cassie

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

cassie396

Re: Coppermine doesn't import groups from board
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 01:27:11 am »

Ok, I have done that numerous times. I did it after bridging, but I didn't have different groups back then. I am always logged in as an admin, and I've clicked on the 'Groups' link dozens of times trying to get it to resync. Still, nothing.

Any other suggestions?

brijay

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 10:30:29 am »

I am having problems with this also. (except it is phpBB 2.0.19)

Instructions say -'Should Coppermine import the special groups that exist in the forum ? If you select no, then Coppermine will use the standard groups (Administrator, Registered and Anonymous) which makes administration easier and is recommended. You can change this setting later as well.
Where do you do to change it without have to disable bridging. Am I missing something?
I Had to go back through the intergration wizard as I couldn't find where I could change it and disable then re-enable and reset to allow user special groups, this then imported the 2 new groups I had made.

Now I have put a user into one of the groups but it doesnt show up in coppermine? I dont have to disable and re-enable every time do I? ???
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 11:30:03 am by brijay »

cassie396

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 03:48:40 am »

I tried disabling/reenabling the wizard and that seemed to help the group issue. But as the peron above noted, this still doesn't allow users to be added to the groups. He asked if he should do it again...

I thought that I could try this, too. So I disabled and everything went to crap. Now I can't login as an administrator, or anybody else. I had a new password sent to me, but that didn't fix anything. Still couldn't login. Tried emergency recovery, nothing with that. I went into PHPMYADMIN and looked at my username, I'm the only one in there, and for some reason my password was switched to my e-mail address.

I tried a million different things, but I'm completely blocked out of my gallery now. When I login as the admin, it says 'Welcome', but it then just goes to the public page. I tried using Firefox and Explorer to eliminate cookie issues and I get the same issue in both.

Any suggestions?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 07:52:13 am »

you appear to be using a coppermine install made with the fantastico auto-installer. It is buggy, replace it with cpg1.4.3 from our page.

cassie396

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 08:10:04 am »

Will I lose my database? Do I need to re-install, or just upload that script over the old through FTP? And also, I downloaded 1.4.2 through the link on this site...? A little confused, but thank you for getting back to me.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 08:30:04 am »

you won't lose anything. There are upgrade instructions in the docs that come with the package (link available at top of this page as well).

cassie396

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 12:21:02 am »

Ok, I installed the update for 1.4.3. Still can't log in as an administrator... any other suggestions? The current version is NOT bridged, but I can't try to do anything since I can't login. HELP!!

::)
Cassie

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 07:24:29 am »

Send me a PM that contains:
* a link to this thread
* your standalone coppermine admin account

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 10:06:20 am »

needs fiddling with the database. Do you have phpMyAdmin? If no, install it first, check that it works, protect it from being used by the public as suggested in the docs that come with it, then PM me the access data and the link.
You have to understand that it's a favor if supporters allow you to PM them and are willing to give individual support - you should do exactly as they tell you. I told you that the PM is suppossed to contain a link to this thread, which you failed to do. Please follow the instructions to the letter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.