Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: stable version vs. Dev version  (Read 8134 times)

dale

• Coppermine novice
    • http://club.storm-riders.org
stable version vs. Dev version
« on: October 04, 2003, 09:19:45 pm »

I am currently using the Dev version with my Invision bb. (super cool) Can we expect to see all the discussed improvements of the next version? Or are these two considered completely different?
Im not a complete idiot... Some parts are missing.

Zarsky

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Zerr Family Website
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 07:59:45 am »

The next version 1.2 has been developed from 1.1.1 as the starting point.  Basic BBS integration will be supported, but various BBS will be supported in varying degrees, as is the case today.
Read the Online DOCs, FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.

jack

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2003, 05:06:09 pm »

Nothing much fundamental has changed in the BBS integration between 1.1.1 and 1.2.

The only bridge file that has changed so far (AFAIK) is the YaBB SE one, because that is what I know pretty well. Now we're in a feature-freeze I'll have time to look at the others and try and see what problems exist.

I think at the release of 1.2, BBS integration will still be an 'experimental' feature.
Please do not contact me for support directly - instead: post on this board!

dale

• Coppermine novice
    • http://club.storm-riders.org
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 08:34:30 pm »

Thanks, good to hear 1.2 will have bb integration. Its understandable that the bb support is in experimental faze. I am just happy you guys are doing it.

Im trying to get more into php myself and I have adopted the Invision board as my favorite, so I will be sure to let you know how things are going on my end.

Thanks for all the support. I was lost for a while until I found you here
Im not a complete idiot... Some parts are missing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.