Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cpg 1.4.3 and PHP site integration  (Read 4821 times)

Adariel

• Coppermine newbie
cpg 1.4.3 and PHP site integration
« on: January 14, 2006, 09:14:39 pm »

First, let me say that I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, so please feel free to move it elsewhere if needed!

Also, I have installed, bridged with SMF, and have everything else working fine ...

Now then, on to my question:  I want to integrate my CPG install with my site, like I did with my SMF forum.  However, due to the way my site is built, I'm having trouble figuring our exactly how do go about doing it.  I will try to explain, but if I'm not clear enough, please let me know!

I have built my site (http://www.raven-flight.com) using PHP and content files.  There are 3 main files: 
     index.php - does all the work of gathering the other files and combining them nicely
     wrapper.inc.php - contains the <html><head> and <body> tags, as well as the html code for the site layout - header, menu, primary content area, and footer.
     (content).inc.php - different content pages that are inserted into the content area by index.php

So, when a person looks at my site and they see index.php?page=about in the address box, index.php takes that "about" and sticks it into "about.inc.php" which then pulls the info from that file, puts the wrapper info around it, and voila, you have my About Us page.  Essentially it's a framed site without the nastiness of frames, if that makes sense?

So I managed to get SMF to integrate very nicely, simply by tweaking some of the code and adding in the calls to my wrapper and content functions.  It wasn't hard to do since SMF was written in PHP.  But I haven't been able to figure out how to do it in CPG ... since the theme files are in a version of html with the CPG {functions}, I can't figure out how to get the PHP in there to call my site stuff.

If anyone has a suggestion, I'll gladly listen to it.  If it would help to see my site files to get a clearer picture of how it works, let me know and I can zip them up and send them out.

TIA
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 09:34:26 pm by Adariel »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: cpg 1.4.3 and PHP site integration
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 11:58:50 pm »

coppermine can't be wrapped like that, you have to create a custom coppermine theme that matches your sites layout.

Adariel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 10:28:45 pm »

I realize it would require a fairly big code re-write, but is there any way that a future version could allow for this?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 06:47:09 am »

not planned
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.