Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Fatal Error:"  (Read 6619 times)

Tamir

• Coppermine newbie
"Fatal Error:"
« on: January 14, 2006, 03:21:45 pm »

That's what I get for every page on the script...
nothing else.
how can i fix it?

The gallery was up an running properly, after i upgraded to 1.4.3 from 1.3, for 2 weeks, so i don't think it's related.

http://www.melanie-c.co.uk/picommunity/gallery/index.php

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: "Fatal Error:"
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 05:19:00 pm »

My guess is that your MySQL server is not responding; either it's down, or misconfigured in Coppermine.  If you go to your update.php script, you see at the bottom an MySQL error.  Those lines have a very basic query that should not break, so I'm guessing you're not getting MySQL results from your database or your config table is missing from your database.  (The "Already Done" lines don't actually indicate a connection with the database.)

If you have a way to connect to your database (using phpMyAdmin or a webhost panel), try to do so.  If the server appears to be down, you'll have to wait for it to come up again.  (You could complain to your webhost; most hosts advertise 99% uptime or whatever.)  If you can connect, then did you change your Coppermine configuration recently?  Or deleted any tables in your database?

joerod

• Coppermine newbie
    • JoeRod.com
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 08:26:42 pm »

i'm getting a very similar error to the post above

Fatal error:

While executing query "delete from `joerodc_db`.joerodpix_sessions where time<1137262873 and remember=0;" on Resource id #6

mySQL error: Can't open file: 'joerodpix_sessions.MYI' (errno: 145)

anyone have any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 02:33:12 pm »

your issue is not related at all, don't try to hijack threads. Your issue is being covered, searching would have helped. The error message says that your mysql table is broken. Repair it or have it repaired by your webhost as suggested here: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=10409.0

joerod

• Coppermine newbie
    • JoeRod.com
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 09:55:38 pm »

hijack a thread?? what the hell are you talking about, just wanted some help after my search turned up nothing

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 10:19:30 pm »

joerod: Hijacking a thread is asking a question that is unrelated to the thread.  There's a policy of one question per thread on this forum.  The reason that your problem is unrelated is because you actually get an error message whereas Tamir gets nothing else.  There are lots of possible 'Fatal Errors' and each one should go in its own thread.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 08:31:34 am »

when being told to butt out of a thread and not doing so, all you accomplish is increasing your negative karma. Stay out of this thread, do as suggested on the thread I refered to. If this doesn't solve your issue, start your own thread.

kiruba

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 11:24:57 pm »

That's what I get for every page on the script...
nothing else.
how can i fix it?

The gallery was up an running properly, after i upgraded to 1.4.3 from 1.3, for 2 weeks, so i don't think it's related.

http://www.melanie-c.co.uk/picommunity/gallery/index.php

Try runnig this query on phpMyAdmin

REPAIR TABLE cpg132_sessions

where cpg132 should be the prefix of your tables. I had the very same problem. I upgraded to 1.4.3 and my installation worked great for weeks. Then suddenly today it displayed Fatal Error: and nothing else.

I got the idea from this tread. Probably the problem is related:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=10409.msg47110#msg47110

I know little about MySQL so I have no idea how that _sessions table got corrupted. Sorry if this thread is old, I just wanted to help. I spent hours looking for the answer, so the less I could do was share it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.