Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Paypal shop hack, easy install, online admin  (Read 194892 times)

fotoshopper

• Coppermine novice
Re: Paypal shop hack, easy install, online admin
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2006, 12:10:26 am »

1. I don´t know what problems you have. Many Threads above mine, two members asked the same question and nobody is feeling disturbed.

2. I open a new thread before I posted here, but can you tell me what is the idea of a discussion board when I nowhere can ask something?
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=29417.0

I know everything about a discussion board and the rules, because of the knowledge with my own board (with over 25.000 Members).
I´am not a new member in this board, I were activ for over one year ago, but lost my E-Mail Account (Yahoo) and Password.

So please tell me what the problem is? I have only one question to this modifikation like others board members. And when I get a simple NO I am happy.

So I am happy that there are friendly boards in the Internet

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2006, 02:02:03 am »

My response was to everyone who asked for the addition you requested or any other additions that are not appropriate for this thread.  I didn't mean to single you out.

It's very difficult to keep track of so many mods & feature requests & so on without keeping things to one issue per thread.  You have to think about the future where other people come by and want to do something similar.  Separate threads makes things much easier to understand.

What seems appropriate to me is for you to continue your other thread by adding a post saying that the Paypal mods you have seen do not have a "download" option and so your request is still open for discussion.  It would also be useful if you pick out one Paypal mod (like this one) and describe how it could be modified to do what you want.  With a simple step-by-step request on the support board, it's more likely that someone reading it might be able to give you a hand in implementing it.  General or vague requests require a lot more work for the person helping out and so often no one steps up to give a hand due to the time & effort required.  I'll post over on that thread to help the discussion along.  If I find time and think it's easy to do what you want (once you describe what you want in precise terms), I might have something to contribute.

Yes, Casper has added some features requested in this thread in earlier posts; I have done the same thing in my plugin threads.  But that's not a sustainable way to organize feature additions.  Consider those earlier requests freebies.  You might not get caught everytime you drive faster than the speed limit, but that doesn't mean you cannot get caught when you do it later.  (Not an exact analogy but you get the idea.)

So let's move on and keep this thread for appropriate installation or bug-related support only.  GauGau is correct in trying to rein us in and put things in the correct place.

fotoshopper

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2006, 09:50:16 am »

Ok

ashart

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2006, 11:29:18 pm »

ive just got a small problem with the full image view????

pricing is fine in thumnail view but when you click on the image and go to full view the pricing does not show up???

www.ashartphotography.com/photos

other than that great hack thanks :D

JimmyLee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2006, 06:58:47 am »

question about this hack.

if I want to be able to offer a discounted price on images purchased over certain quantities, how can I do that? ultimately I think I need a 'cart' style setup..

Eg offer:

a single image costs $25
two images costs $20 each ($40)
three images costs $17.50 each
four images costs $15 each
ten + images costs $10 each..

A user might click to buy one image in one album, then want another two images from other albums, so i only want to charge that person for three images at $17.50 per image. (discounted rated)

James

mskonfa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2006, 07:44:54 am »

Hi there Casper,

Thanks for this upgrade.  Where can I find the latest mod files to be downloaded?
I read through the post, but could not find it, sorry.

Kerwin.
www.cruisinaltitude.com/gallery

lordprodigy

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • B514 ///
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2006, 05:03:56 pm »

Hello,

I would be very interested in this mod but I have one concern. I am really careful with the design and layout of the site, as i want the photos to really have the spotlight. Therefore instead of adding your buy options by default below each and every image, I want to have a BUY button in the displayimage navigation menu right next to the File Information button, which would turn on and off a LAYER with the buy info, exactly as you can turn on and off the File info.

Can someone help me out to do that? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot!

jeep11

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2006, 11:13:33 am »

Perfect! Got it working straiight out of the box, just two stupid "newbie" questions, firstly which file do I modify to change the  "Buy with confidence" text and how do I remove the blank "@" options in the drop down price catergory as I only sell two image sizes and don't need the rest? Thanks for an excellent mod though hope these questions are not too dumb!   ???

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2006, 02:14:18 pm »

All the text is in lang/english.php.  Search for what you want to modify.  The drop-down list is in displayimage.php.  Search for '@'.  A good cross-file search tool is very useful.  I use Windows Grep (in Windows).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 11:42:39 pm by Paver »

yakand

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2006, 04:18:25 pm »

Casper,

Downloaded the Paypal shop hack, but got the same problem with the pop-up window as in your test sample - the first field "Select Print size and frame options" doesn't show up in the pop-up window. Any fix for this? And, also, can the pop-up, actualy, shows only the picture, as it does with the original cpg145 displayimage.php?

Regards,

Bog

Here is a new paypal shop hack, which is designed so that non-coders can easily install it with no code editing needed, and is administered from an online admin page.

It is based on Madeinhawaii's simple server-side shop hack.

Features;
  • Up to 5 different pricing structures, each with up to 10 options
  • Up to 5 further option sets, including;
    • One radio button set, with 3 options
    • Three drop down lists for up to 5 options each list
    • One dropdown list for up to 8 options
  • Only those options used are shown
  • Each additional option can charged extra (or discounted)
  • On-line administration, change your prices or options anytime, from within an easy to use admin page
  • A seperate instruction page for both installation and administration.

Installation for unmodified coppermine installations using any of the stock themes, and the english (or english_gb) language file is simple, just upload the mod files (replace the existing ones where they exist), and then run update (admin menu/admin tools/update database)

Read the docs/shop.html for how to administer your shop.

Installation for existing modified installs, or those using non-stock themes or other language is easy following the instructions in the docs/shop_install.html.
The mod is 'internationalised', if using a stock theme but a different language, it is only your own language file that will need editing.

You can see my test version of this here and a live install using just 2 pricing structures and no other options at this site, http://www.landscapeandlight.co.uk/

updated 30/1/06 to include fix for bug found here

bb123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2006, 10:31:45 pm »

Hope this is now the correct and appropriate thread have re installed all but same problem.. all was working before I put 1.4.5 on..

Hi I just installed installed the 1.4.5 over the previous version which also had the paypal shop hack ... shop-1.4x-serverside-online-admin

but shop button which should come next to the config button is missing!!

I have done a database update.... 

when I look at a image in user mode all the details are there for the purchase view cart etc even goes to my paypal account..

on Versioncheck I have

displayimage.php showing version 1.4.3       and lang/english.php showing 1.4.3

also the update.sql has a ? mark and this...
No local file version
The script was unable to extract a local file version - your file is either outdated or you have modified it, removing the header information on the way. Updating the file is recommended.

so using the update.sql file in  1.4.5 still the add to cart details showing..

If I change update.sql to the files in 1.4.5 the cart still works..

So I guess Im looking for updated files for the shop hack .... as I am unable to change any of the shop settings..

Thanks for help
bb123

SonjaSt

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2006, 01:38:54 pm »

I moved my database to a new server. All works fine except for the film strip.
The images are very tiny, much smaller than the thumbnails.
I removed the PayPal Add-on and the problem was fixed.
I re-installed the PayPal Add-on and the problem returned.

How can that be?

All is working great except for this problem.
(Well, I could solve it by removing the film strip but I'd like to use it if possible)

Sonja

Nibbler

« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2006, 02:22:54 pm »

Try removing the theme_display_film_strip function from your theme.php

minnie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2006, 08:17:14 am »

I've same issue with Coppermine 1.4.5 + Paypal mod hack(shop-1-4-easy-install-online-admin-beta3.zip) which was already fixed few months back. Ie, i enter Shop configuration under Shop Admin and save it. When i select one of the photos, it just displays "@" under Price. Also, when i go to Shop Admin page, all the fields are blank. I tried using beta-3 version of shop.php fix but still the problem remains.

Would greatly appreciate any help as I'm extremely new here.

Thanks a lot,
Minnie.

SonjaSt

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2006, 09:55:48 am »

Minnie,
I've had the same problem. My store, too, did not save the prices. That happened because I forgot to run the update after installing the shop.
To update the database & fix the problem, please type in your browser: www.YourSite.com/YourCoppermine/update.php
(please enter your correct URL).
Then you should read in one of the lines: UPDATE `cpg143_config` SET value='Price structure, use 1,2,3,4 or 5' WHERE name='user_field1_name'   OK

If so, please go back to the shop admin, enter your prices and check if the prices show up under your photos.

Hope that helps,
Sonja

minnie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2006, 04:36:41 pm »

Thank you so much. It works great now after running www.mysite.com/coppermine/update.php and I can see that right information is showing up under Shop Admin. Previously I did update database soon after moving paypal hack mod files into my coppermine directory but it didn’t help. I guess, everytime any of the files change/gets updated, will have to run update.php through browser?

Once again thanks a lot Sonja for helping me out.
Minnie.

yakand

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2006, 09:55:08 am »

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with ordering - whenever I place an order a new updated paypal screen opens. So, if I make 5 orders, there will be 5 paypal screens, first one with one item order, second with two items .... and the last one with all 5 items ordered.

I did something wrong, but I don't know what.

Can you help?

yakand

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2006, 03:46:03 pm »

Found this calculator on the net and I am interested if it can be modified and inserted into Paypal hack mod made by Casper. It would be nice to see the total cost of the item before an order is placed. I attached the script as a .txt file, but if you change the extension to htm or html, you'll be able to open it in your browser and do the calculation yourself. There are four different currencies to choose (I put AUD as default).

arendzen

• Coppermine newbie
When I add a file to basket, Coppermine generates a unique code....
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2006, 01:09:38 am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi - I've installed the Paypal shop hack ok. When I add a picture to the basket, Coppermine generates a code number that identifies each picture. This number is diplayed after the picture description in the "Item" box.

I am using IPN at Paypal to send confirmation to a PHP script on my website that in turn sends the purchaser a link to the file. I need to find these unique numbers so that I can enter them into the PHP code for the IPN notification.

Any ideas where I can start looking? The alternative is for me to "add to basket" every single picture, one after the other, in order to read the file number assigned to it - a task that will test my patience, possibly to destruction. Please help!

(Apologies to Nibbler - I finally understand what he meant about posting in the appropriate thread)

sharpo

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2006, 08:09:29 pm »

Installed the paypal shop hack & got it working, but need to mention something slightly off topic (sorry!!)

I noticed the text in the title was not "found" by any search engines. I thought this strange as normally search engines had "found" the text within just a few days before the hack had been installed. Anyway, a few days ago I removed the hack due to not having the time to deal with selling images, and to my surprise my images can now be found within a few days again.

Has anybody else noticed this problem with their files after installing the hack?
Sharpo (not an expert, just a Coppermine user)
3 live galleries, first started in 2006.
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/BB3cpg/ with over 8,000 images.
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/cpg/ with over 25,000 images. 1.6.25
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/kc/ with over 300 images. 1.6.25
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.