Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: topn / lasthits - counters do not work with firefox but IE  (Read 3132 times)

hgrpaentin

• Coppermine newbie
topn / lasthits - counters do not work with firefox but IE
« on: January 13, 2006, 01:56:41 pm »

Hi all,

I have the problem, that the counters for my pics do not work correctly with mozilla firefox. When looking at some pics the "last viewed" / "most viewed" galerie list o the start page does not update.
If I look at pictures with IE - the update works perfect.

Any idea to help?

I´m using Firefox 1.5 or IE 6.0xx on coppermine 1.4.2.

Thanx for helping me.

Holger
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 05:21:18 pm by TranzNDance »

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: topn / lasthits - counters do not work with firefox but IE
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 03:38:31 pm »

Since the counters are updated on the server using PHP & MySQL, it cannot be a client-side issue for the actual counter.  I assume if you refresh the page manually in FireFox, the counter updates?  Looking through the cache settings in FireFox (which I use almost exculsively and have never seen this problem), I don't see what it could be.  Somehow your FireFox is deciding to use a cached version of your page and not pulling a new one from the internet I guess, but I don't know why it's doing so.

Are you sure you're not doing something as silly as using an admin account in FireFox (where admin accounts never register hits by design) and a user account in IE?

hgrpaentin

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 03:51:25 pm »

Hi Paver, I don´t know what was wrong. I did not change my viewing behaviour - now cache refresh etc - but even now it works fine with firefox too.
Strange but now I´m happy again!

I like Coppermine so much!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!
Holger

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 03:59:31 pm »

Strange things can happen sometimes.  Something like a proxy server not updating (if your ISP uses proxies), something like the web or just the branch of the web your page is on being down temporarily and so FireFox automatically said "no web, then cache", something like clicking over to a previously-used tab and not hitting refresh  ;) . . .

You could modify your original post to have a tag of "Invalid" since whatever it was, it wasn't a Coppermine issue.  That keeps things nicely organized & tagged in the forum for future reference.  Someone who runs across the same thing will read this thread and learn something from it - not sure what - but it's got to be something useful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.