Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Critical Error  (Read 2824 times)

marcamillion

• Coppermine frequent poster
Critical Error
« on: January 15, 2006, 05:28:59 am »

I was uploading a pic, and after the upload process was completed, where you normally have the album assigning and naming the pic and everything, it froze. Did nothing. When I pressed continue nothing happened. I tried it in I.E. and got the same thing. Someone else tried the same image and it gave me the same problem. I tried a diff pic and that pic worked. Could it be because my site does not have ImageMagick installed, so it's not resizing the image ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Critical Error
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 02:47:39 pm »

judging from your impressive negative karma record, you should already know what we need to know when people ask for support. In your case, it would be a link to your page, a non-admin test user account with upload privileges and as attachment of your posting the pic that you weren't able to upload. My guess is that the file you tried to upload was corrupt, or that it was a temporary issue (maybe coincidence), so I suggest you double-check, using the same file.
Moving your thread to the sub-board where you should have posted in the first place.
You have been told how to behave on this board so often, I won't tolerate you disrespecting board rules any longer. Post more carefully, think before posting (common sense!) and respect board rules in the future or get banned!

marcamillion

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 09:12:36 pm »

Well, firstly I don't know what all that bad karma is about. I have not done anything intentional to offend anyone, or annoy anyone, simply asking questions the best way I know how.

Secondly, the pic I tried to upload is attached. It won't work in regular mode, just in xp publisher mode. The url for the site is http://www.fiwishop.com/cpg/cpg1/index.php and account is, username: test
                Password: test1

I have enabled GD2 now, but it still does the samething from time to time. Also, another problem I have had is that if the page is not blank, and it allows me to go ahead and place the file, when I select the album, it gives me a message saying "previous file could not be placed". That second error does not happen with this image alone. Alot of my users complain about the same thing happeneing. This never happened with 1.3.x before.

I was under the impression that if the max image size allowable is 500kb, and I try to upload a file that is 550 then the script will resize the image, using GD2 or ImageMagick, whichever is selected in config. However, that does not happen with my gallery. You can test all the various images with that account.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 11:11:54 pm »

do as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.