Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are e-cards processed?  (Read 3996 times)

malcolmd83

• Coppermine newbie
Where are e-cards processed?
« on: January 12, 2006, 06:54:23 pm »

Are e-mail addresses/names/message used in an e-card processed and stored only through my server, or is a third-party involved in the e-card process?  I'm just wondering in terms of privacy, if the sender, recipient, and my site admins are the only ones who ever see or have access to this data.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Where are e-cards processed?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 08:01:39 am »

The ecards are not being processed by any other server than yours. If you are concerned for privacy, I can assure you that coppermine doesn't contain a hidden email harvester routine or something along those lines.
Of course it lies in the nature of an email (and that's what the ecard is) that it is being sent through various servers on the internet, so a malevolent man-in-the-middle attack is of course possible. This applies of course to any email, not only ecards sent by coppermine. Everyone who uses emails should understand that private and security-related data shouldn't be sent by email; an email is as secure as a postcard in real life: the mailman can read it, and the mailman can make a mistake when delivering it.

HTH
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 19 queries.