Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 0 uploads were successful  (Read 7822 times)

jbilawa

• Coppermine newbie
0 uploads were successful
« on: January 12, 2006, 06:40:04 pm »

Hello everyone,

Something strange.  For some reason my version of CFG 1.4.2 is not allowing me to upload files via the File Browse option.  It appears it is irrelevant as to what size the image might be.  I can upload the file via another FTP program (SmartFTP) and successfully add the images via the URI/URL Uploads.  However, when I try to add via the File Uploads and browse to the images and begin the upload it returns the "0 uploads were successful message".  I have reverified all CHMOD setting on my webserver and have not made any changes otherwise.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Jeremy
jbilawa@yahoo.com

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

civcivcikcikder

• Coppermine newbie
Re: 0 uploads were successful
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 01:27:41 am »

This thing doesn't help to anything...! I could upload very easily with the recent version, but after upgrading everything goes terrible...! After uploading it says "0 uploads were succesfull" and nothing more... The new translation is also terrible... It was much much better, the recent version I mean...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 07:15:12 am »

do as suggested on the page I refered to or I won't be able to help. Reread the section I refered to. Nagging about translations isn't helpful, especially if you don't post what language you're using.

Delta-Omega

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 10:58:59 am »

I've got problems too with uploading images to the album... I get the error:

Code: [Select]
Foutrapport 

De volgende uploads hebben een fout ervaren: 
Bestands-upload: 
Bestandsnaam/URL Foutboodschap
1. *.jpg Onmogelijk te verplaatsen.

Translation:

Code: [Select]
Error:

The following uploads gave an error while uploading:
file-upload:
filename/URL errormessage
1. *.jpg Unable to replace

(hope I translated it correctly ;))

And my webhost does NOT support ftp or else my account gets banned, so I've got to browse for images on my hard disk under the tab "@" -> "Upload File". But everytime I get this error, and the funny thing is.. It also says "0 files have successfully uploaded".. but I don't think that's so successfully :P

Can it be it has something to do with the fact it cannot make thumbnails? Cause I can't seem to get where to place the GD2.dll in the album directory, or does this file has to be on the hostserver? (same problem with the files of imagemagick).

I think jbilawa has this problem too if I read his post right.. so maybe this will clear things up..

any suggestions?

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 11:06:54 am »

Only your host can install GD or IM.

Delta-Omega

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 11:11:16 am »

well.. that sucks... cause my host doesn't want to install it on the server.. :-\

isn't there a way to disable GD or IM in the database so it doesn't create thumbs?

Blueiris

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Horse poor!
    • Saddlebred World Gallery
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 05:06:41 pm »

Are you on a virtual server? If so, there is a way to install ImageMagick in your cgi-bin which you can do yourself, independent of your host. I would suggest searching the ImageMagick forum or posting there for instructions on how to do this.

http://studio.imagemagick.org/discussion-server/

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink - he's got to discover that it's wet for himself.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 08:35:25 pm »

I don't think he is. Not having GD nor FTP-access usually means extremely poor webhosting. There are free webhosts that offer more service.

Delta-Omega

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 08:29:35 am »

actually my webhost isn't that poor, but it's because the serveradmin is a friend of my dad and a full-time doctor in a hospital it means he doesn't have much time on his hands to configurate/adapt the hostserver. He learned how to set up a server from the ICT department @ the hospital. So he's quite a busy man :D I respect that.

And the reason that he doesn't host a ftp server is because he tried that before but he has about 8 website's to host for familiy/friends and the internetconnection goes way down with FTP software running.

The other website's too have php based features like forum and stuff.

But when he has time I'll discuss the fact about the PHP settings on his server.

And come to think of it... I actually didn't even ask if he has ImageMagick or GD software running :-X :-X :-X have tot keep that in mind to add that in the discussion ;D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 09:13:58 am »

We don't think that non-pros should be running a webserver publicly for security reasons, especially if they don't have the time to maintain it. My guess is that your dad's friend is running a very outdated PHP version (see http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#VersionPHP) that has known security vulnerabilities. I suggest you notify him of this thread, asking him to participate - I'm willing to give him a more detailed explanation why we don't recommend self-hosting and what he should do to secure his webserver (although the coppermine board primarily doesn't deal with webserver setup issues).

Delta-Omega

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 09:21:30 am »

to view his version of php here's link to the script I made Click here.

oh and I just got a reply by him and he's got GD installed, and he also enabled FTP support just now ;D

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 09:31:33 am »

I used to work at a webhost. It's a 24/7/365 responsibility. Of course, it's gotta be done in shifts. With one single person who is already busy as a doctor... doesn't sound too good. If you're not going to get real hosting, make sure to make frequent backups.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 09:35:59 am »

to view his version of php here's link to the script I made Click here.
I recommend removing that file from the server, it might be a security vulnerability to expose this information.

oh and I just got a reply by him and he's got GD installed, and he also enabled FTP support just now ;D
Is your initial issue solved then?

Delta-Omega

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 10:09:49 am »

No my problem isn't solved yet, but I think it won't be long now..

If anything isn't working i'll just check the forums again if someone has the same problem and how he'd solve it.. And if I can't find anything, I'll just ask. That's why you are here for no? :D

for now.. I'll think I'll just wait till the settings are changed, I'm not in a real hurry to make everything work proper.. cause my site doesn't get visited often (exept for friends), as long as the forum runs well it's good for now... ;D

And...

Quote from: GauGau
I recommend removing that file from the server, it might be a security vulnerability to expose this information.
Yeah, you're probaly right, I'll delete it right away.. didn't think of that :-[

Quote from: TranzNDance
I used to work at a webhost. It's a 24/7/365 responsibility. Of course, it's gotta be done in shifts. With one single person who is already busy as a doctor... doesn't sound too good. If you're not going to get real hosting, make sure to make frequent backups.
Yeah I know, I make frequent backups of my forum, and my complete site is also on my local hard disk of my pc and from that one I made another backup to my other pc (got 2 pc's running @ home).
My site was gone once, cause of his server crash and it won't happen twice :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.