Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading Coppermine to 1.4.3 + phpbb 2.0.18 = ?  (Read 7130 times)

cota

• Coppermine newbie
Upgrading Coppermine to 1.4.3 + phpbb 2.0.18 = ?
« on: January 12, 2006, 08:10:05 am »

Hello! And yeah, i tried to browse for similar problems :)

I had coppermine 1.3.2 bridged with phpbb 2.0.10 and it worked fine. After upgrading phpbb to 2.0.18 users start report that gallery wasnt working right - if they were logged in phpbb, they werent logged in coppermine.

I personally had no problems with any username which i tested - and that was little bit strange. Clearing cookies etc. helped someone, but not everyone.

After few complainings plaa plaa plaa i decided to upgrade Coppermine to 1.4.3. I followed instructions from documents "3.4 Upgrading from cpg1.2.x or cpg1.3.x to version cpg1.4.3" and did exactly like there.

Everything went ok till update.php.

When i tried versioncheck.php, it shows only "No rights to this site" (mine is in finnish so i dont know how it is in english)

When i try to log in as admin it wont let me in. Albums from old version are shown in first page and its possible to browse the pictures but when pressing "User galleries" or "user" it says "user not exist". Also the "lost password" function wont work and the Ä and Ö letters are partly missing.

I guess theres something wrong with bridging with phpbb. Looks like Coppermine doesnt find sql at all or something.... ? I guess bridging has to be done manually? I tried manually start bridgemgr.php but "no rights" off course.

For security reasons (?) i cannot show url to gallery, i can give it if u ask or need it...?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 10:13:23 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Upgrading Coppermine to 1.4.3 + phpbb 2.0.18 = ?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 08:25:48 am »

upgrading leaves your coppermine page unbridged, so you have to log in using your standalone admin password you created during the initial coppermine install. After successfully logging in with it, you have to run bridge manager to re-bridge.
Posting a link to your page is not a security threat as long as you don't post an admin account with it. Don't PM me or any other devs the link, but post it.

cota

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 08:17:19 pm »

Thats what i thought too  ::)

Only problem is that i dont remember the password, or it just dont work. Is there away to get it from sql-database?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 08:23:25 am »

use a third-party tool like phpMyAdmin and browse the users table. Check the admin user name and make sure a valid email address is in your profile. Then use coppermine's "Forgot password" link on the login page to retrieve your password (if encryption is enabled). If encryption isn't enabled, you can see the password in clear text in your db.

cota

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 04:47:58 pm »

I log in phpyadmin and open 'cpg132_users'  table. On field 'user_name' i press browse button from right and i get this message:
MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). (Query took 0.0085 sec).

So it looks like i dont have any users here? I get same message from field 'user_password' and 'user_email'. Can i just make user here manually (admin) or what should i do?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 07:01:30 am »

yes, you appear to have emptied the table when bridging cpg1.3.x (although you shouldn't have). When upgrading from cpg1.3.x to cpg1.4.x, bridging is disabled, so you have to run bridge manager to re-enable bridging. As you appear not to have a standalone admin account, you can't log in as standalone admin to re-enable bridging. Create an admin account manually in phpMyAdmin - make sure that the user you created manually belongs to user group 1 (this will make him admin).

cota

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 12:51:51 pm »

OK. Im not very familiar with databases, so can u give me step by step instructions how to do that. I tried, but looks like *krhm* hard :) Better do it once properly than few times bad :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 02:47:07 pm »

I'm not sure what I'm suppossed to walk you through - you might want to read the manual that comes with phpMyAdmin. What exactly is it that you don't know?

cota

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 07:44:27 pm »

OK, i allready figured out how to do that and made admin-user with password. I locked in and run versioncheck.php. It showed that almost everything was updated.

Then i tried to find bridge-manager, but i didnt. Im using finish version of coppermine and the ä and ö letters are not showing right, so its very messy. Also, few buttons dont have any text, so it did take me while to find even "control panel" or "admin panel" (i dont remember the exact words, because i didnt see the words).

Because the letters was not showing right, i tried to change language from 'finnish' to 'finnish-utf-8' (or something like that). After that, coppermine just logged me out, changed to english and didnt log me in anymore. I checked sql-database and username and password was correct.

Then i tried to get new password with "Forgot password" function. I got this email:

You have requested to a new password. If you would like to proceed with having a new password sent to you, click on the following link: http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/forgot_passwd.php?key=710e4b3feb2766ee722f1846a6295dfb&id=1

See any funny on that link? ;) It took me a while to find out whats wrong with that... so, i fixed the url and then it worked right and sended me email with new password... any reason why that url are showing wrong?

Well, i try more later. But thank god i now have admin-user  ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 10:12:48 pm »

please read the docs and search the board, all of your new issues have been discussed. We have a "one question per thread" policy you agreed to respect. Your initial question was solved, so I'm marking this thread accordingly.

cota

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 10:29:10 pm »

Thats true, i fix them allready :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.