Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No album where allowed struggles....  (Read 4088 times)

freak

• Coppermine newbie
No album where allowed struggles....
« on: January 11, 2006, 05:59:44 pm »

Hi,

I just installed coppermine and am now encountering that users can't upload images into any albums. Though I did create several albums. I've been looking all around coppermind but was not able to find where I can set these privileges, also hanging around at google didn't turnn out into something succesfull. The exact error is btw: "Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files"

Who helps me out?

Freak

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: No album where allowed struggles....
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 06:10:02 pm »

Did you set album properties to allow people to upload?

freak

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 07:18:48 pm »

Did you set album properties to allow people to upload?

I guess not. How should I do that?

Please note that I'm quiet a noob.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 07:26:23 pm »

album properties are set using the button that is labelled "album properties" (surprisingly enough). The button is located next to the thumbnail that represents an album (again I find this disturbing). After having specified which groups can upload at all to public albums, you set "visitor can upload" to "yes" in the album properties screen to enable uploads by the selected groups (the ones you allowed in the groups page) to the particular album.
This is all being explained in the documentation that comes with coppermine and that is available as well online (link at top of this page), that's why supporters are reluctant to repeat this over and over again, hence the slightly sarcastic tone of my reply.

blake711

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 06:38:32 am »

I get this same error when I am logged in with an ADMINISTRATOR Account and Select USER MODE at the top of the page.  Once I do this I don't see the standard buttons a normal user sees "Create / order my albums -- Modify my albums -- My profile Sort my pictures"   So my only option is to select UPLOAD pictures at the top of teh page when I do this I get the above error.  I can do a ftp upload in Admin mode but If I use an ADMIN account and select User mode no option to upload like users. 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 11:19:56 pm »

Stay in admin mode all the time if you have no idea what user mode is meant for. User mode just hides the admin controls, it is meant for the admin to check the design of the page during theme creation/editing.
To solve your issue, go to album properties as I already suggested and change the settings there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.