Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ecards / picture not showing up in email  (Read 5745 times)

TheWellMinistries

• Coppermine newbie
ecards / picture not showing up in email
« on: January 10, 2006, 11:11:28 pm »

I can send ecards but the receiver does not see the picture in the email. When using the alternate link provided in the email the picture shows fine.

I have read many posts where people have this same problem but haven't found one post that had the solution. One solution that I did find said to make sure the ecard url was set properly in the config but I cannot find that in my config, unless it meant the gallery url, which I did check is set properly.

I have coppermine installed at: http://www.thewellministries.org/photos/

I have the site set that anyone can send ecards.

Thanks in advance for help,
Kris

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: ecards / picture not showing up in email
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 11:55:20 pm »

I just sent an ecard to me on your page - pic displays fine for me. Make sure that your email client is configured and capable to display inline pics. Make sure that there is not security software like "Norton Internet Security" is doing what it is suppossed to do (filter web bugs). Make sure the pic isn't filtered by your ISP's mail filter or similar.
If you can't figure out, try using another email account, preferably on another PC.
You have to be aware that email filtering is determined by a lot of possible factors, that's why the alternative link is being sent with the ecard as well.
Quite frankly, I can't see that many users using the ecard feature on your site anyway, as your content differs from classic ecard sites (no insult or similar intended). I recommend turning off the sending of ecards for unregistered users though.

Joachim

TheWellMinistries

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 04:46:40 am »

I've tried 3 different computers and 3 different email addresses/servers. None of them show the pictures. I'm frustrated. Any suggestions?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 10:59:05 am »

yes: forget about ecards, disable them altogether. Imo they are a feature for a kids gallery that distributes funny pics - they are not a needed feature for a page like yours.
However, I guess you won't be happy with this sort of answer, but I'm sorry there's little you can do: fighting the gloabl spam and virus issues related to emails, most email client creators filter inline pics, that's why you can't see them. HTML emails have drawbacks, so they have to filter. There's no method for an email client to distinguish between a bad spam email and your "good", innocent ecard. That's why they block it. What else could I say. Live with the fact that ecard recipients can click on the link inside the ecards and that you will get additional traffic.

copter

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 06:39:19 am »

Hi, I did some testing; when I receive the e-card in hotmail i see it, by when sent to yahoo; images dont show up; so its to do with the email clients.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.