Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ISO is not displayed in EXIF Information?  (Read 4168 times)

gardenww

• Coppermine newbie
ISO is not displayed in EXIF Information?
« on: January 10, 2006, 09:51:56 pm »

CPG 1.4.2 installed and EXIF display activated. Works fine with one exception: ISO information is not correctly displayed, instead a number is shown (same number for all pictures): ISO: 4294836624
or see example: http://wolfgangs-photography-gardening.de/html/joomla/index.php?option=com_copperminevis&Itemid=36&place=displayimage&album=lastup&cat=0&pos=4

What is wrong? I would be grateful for any hints!
gardenww
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 10:43:35 pm by gardenww »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: ISO ist not displayed in EXIF Information?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 11:41:27 pm »

not sure if this will fix your issue, but you should always use the most recent stable - currently cpg1.4.3

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 11:54:58 pm »

Not sure if this is related, but I get seemingly random numbers in my EXIF info if I rotate an image using Windows XP right-click.  The numbers show up in various tags, like the height, the ISO and a few others.  The numbers are generally large.  I always keep the raw images and I don't feel like setting up another way of rotating images that doesn't screw the EXIF info, so I continue to rotate this way for now.  I plan to investigate this issue some day.  The EXIF info is messed up as displayed by Coppermine, but it looks fine according to Windows and EXIFer.  I'm sure it's not a flaw in the EXIF parser Coppermine uses but probably some reorganization or recoding of the tags that other viewers "deal with", but the current EXIF parser does not.  If I figure it out some day (or spend some time on the web investigating the issue), I'll post somewhere, but I have no idea when that would be.

If you are not touching your images from your camera before putting them in Coppermine, then you'll have to do some other work to see what's going on.

gardenww

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 09:52:30 pm »

Thanks for the ideas and hint. Unfortunately no solution for me, I use CoppermineVis for integration into Joomla, which uses CPG-142.

To Paver
All pics are developed from Raw by Pixmantec's Rawshooter. No WinXP-Viewer functions used!

Anymore hints? Where should I look for something like broken links or wrong code, in exif.php - exif_php.inc.php - exifReader.inc.php or elsewhere??

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 10:26:30 pm »

Thanks for the ideas and hint. Unfortunately no solution for me, I use CoppermineVis for integration into Joomla, which uses CPG-142.
That's why we don't recommend using third-party apps, especially since it's a commercial app; they should do their homework or stop selling their product. Of course this doesn't help you, I just wanted to rant a bit about CoppermineVis. I'll go and edit the sticky thread about them now.

gardenww

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 10:39:04 pm »

All-too-right, and the little "but" is the missing Joomla option in the CPG bridge manager  ;).

To my ISO display problem: when I disable "make intermediate" the ISO Info is displayed correctly! I uploaded the same pic with and w/o generating intermediate and ISO is only displayed with full sized pic. Is this a GD 2 bug?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: ISO is not displayed in EXIF Information?
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 10:58:22 pm »

use the mambo bridge  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.