Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Fatal error (split topic)  (Read 8295 times)

Keanuette

• Coppermine novice
Re: Fatal error (split topic)
« on: January 10, 2006, 03:04:20 pm »

Hi

I've just upgraded to 1.4.3 and have gotten the same message 'fatal error' with nothing else.

I might add, I turned off my site before the upgrade. Would that have anything to do with it?

I uploaded all the files in binary mode and was careful not to overwrite the config and anycontent files, as mentioned. My config file has the correct database name [which, unforunately I didn't backup as I backed up the wrong one!]. Would that make a difference??

My server information:
Operating system    Linux
Kernel version    2.4.20-31.9
Machine Type    i686
Apache version    1.3.33 (Unix)
PERL version    5.8.1
PHP version    4.3.10
MySQL version    4.0.25-standard

http://keanua-z.com/gallery/

I'm happy to give the mods/admins my username/password, so they can have a look at it for me...

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 03:38:17 pm by Keanuette »

Keanuette

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 03:06:08 pm »

Also, the default theme folder is obviously an older version as it's not in the 1.4.2 list of documents. Could that have anything to do with it??

Keanuette

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 04:58:55 pm »

not recommended, definitely not newbie proof. Do as suggested and follow the upgrade guide from the docs.
However, if you think you're up to this: you usually create a database dump using a tool like phpMyAdmin or mySqlDumper. You restore the dump using another table prefix (you'll have to edit the dump file manually for this) with the same tool. As I said: not recommended for newbies, usually a good method to ruin your install.

As far as I know GauGau, I did follow the instructions in the manual to the letter. I've upgraded another gallery of mine yesterday, without any problems.

I think it might be to do with the config.inc.php file [which was unchanged].  I can't see anything else wrong.

Keanuette

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 01:51:09 am »

GauGau
Administrator
Coppermine wizard

Re: Upgrade result "Fatal Error:" on every page, no '.' in my database either
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 11:14:32 AM »

OK, to stop others hijacking this thread over and over again, I'm locking this one. Message to everybody: upgrade as suggested in the docs, don't try anything else unless you know your way around extremely well.Failure of upgrade process is almost always caused by users not doing as suggested and replacing all needed files.

Dear GauGau. I did as was instructed in your manual, so for you to write this I find very a bit condescending...

I waited all day on this forum for someone to help me and received no help at all.  As I mentioned as well, I upgraded another gallery of mine to 1.4.3 without any problems [although it's with another hosting service], so I feel I am following the instructions correctly.  Please offer a bit more assistance to me and others and we won't 'hijack' other people's threads....

Can someone please explain what this means....

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:  pageheader() in /home/keanuett/public_html/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 381

And can someone also confirm whether the config.inc.php file is meant to be '644'. It's not allowing me to change it to 755/777.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 08:17:58 am »

the include/config.inc.php file is not related when upgrading, don't bother about it. Make sure that you have uploaded the new themes as well that come with cpg1.4.3 and all other files.
This is not a hotline, the supporters have a life to live, there's no 24/7 support. Supporters are reluctant to fly to the resuce if you misbehave and disrespect board rules by hijacking threads.
I ran http://www.keanua-z.com/gallery/update.php for you, which was incredibly slow, so I guess there are issues with your page. Trying to access folders that don't contain an index file results in forbidden messages, so you have a very restrictive setup.
While you're waiting for a supporter to guide to, you should try re-uploading all files (in fact doing the upgrade once more), using a fresh package in case the files got corrupted.
Another thing you could try is enabling debug_mode (using a tool like phpMyAdmin to access your database) in coppermine's config table.

Lolik

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 10:36:21 am »

I had similar problem - after upgrading all I could see was "Fatal error:", and it took me a while to find the problem.

The problem was the following: in config.inc.php mysql user I use is the one with limited rights. When run, update.php DOES NOT inform you about failed SQL operations (e.g., CREATE TABLE), but says "Already done". Therefore you even do not know that your MySQL was not updated properly.

Running update.php with changed config.inc.php (MySQL administrator) solved the problem.

Keanuette

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 04:54:23 pm »

Thanks for your responses - I'll give these a try...

GauGau, I wasn't trying to be 'disrespectful', I saw the person's comment and wanted to know more about that particular option.

Thanks! :)

Keanuette

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 05:51:54 pm »

Neither of these worked... :(

If anyone can help, I'm quite willing to give you my login details so you can poke around.... ;D 8) :-*

Keanuette

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 08:52:13 pm »

ok...

On my error log it says the following...

Code: [Select]
[10-Jan-2006 20:47:54] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:  pageheader() in /home/keanuett/public_html/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 381
How can I find out which line is #381?

When I open my files via FTP they open as a txt file.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 07:10:29 am »

the pageheader function is defined in the theme - make sure you uploaded the themes that come with cpg1.4.3, overwriting the themes that exist on your folder. Instead of using the editor that is built-into your FTP app (usually it's just notepad.exe that doesn't have a line number gutter), download the file to your hard drive and use a better plain-text editor that comes with a line-number display, e.g. Weaverslave. This way, you'll be able to spot where the error message comes from, but unless you know a little PHP, this won't help you much, so I suggest you do as I said above and make sure that the default themes exist (at least temporarily untill you upgraded your custom theme). If this fails, use a third party tool like phpMyAdmin that allows you to edit your database directly, browse coppermine's config table and make sure that the theme that is specified is set to classic or another theme that comes with the new package. Alternatively, you could specify a default theme in the bowser's address bar like this http://www.keanua-z.com/gallery/?theme=classic

Keanuette

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 07:04:31 pm »

re-stalling the themes didn't do anything and line 381 says "// Check if the user is banned"

???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 06:03:22 am »

then that line can't cause an error. I think you're doing stuff very wrong. Make sure you have uploaded everything as expected by running versioncheck.php

Keanuette

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 11:44:37 am »

versioncheck doesn't work! It comes up 'fatal error'. every page I load comes up fatal error.

Could it be to do with the number of pictures in my gallery [currently about 35,000]

?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 02:25:46 pm »

Could it be to do with the number of pictures in my gallery [currently about 35,000]
I don't think so. Make sure you uploaded the files properly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.