Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moderators for Album pictures  (Read 158918 times)

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
Re: Moderators for Album pictures
« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2009, 05:22:48 am »

If we have modpack for cpg1.4.19, do we have to edit files manually or can we still just replace the files with your zip?

Edit manually.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

stardust

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2009, 04:35:08 pm »

Thanks Abbas, I have one more question:

I have attached a new editpics.php. Replace your existing one with this and see how it goes. Moderators should be denied with all delete functionalities including comment deletion, resetting views and votes etc...

Is it okay to still use this attached zip for cpg1.4.19? I don't want mods to be able to delete or reset anything. I'm not sure how to manually add it to the 1.4.19 with a modpack though  :-\

stardust

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #202 on: January 22, 2009, 04:38:32 pm »

^ When I say "I'm not sure how to manually add it to the 1.4.19 with a modpack though ", I mean I don't know if I'll be removing anything from the modpack editfiles.php with this attached file when I manually add things from it. Could you make an editfiles.php that doesn't allow mods to delete or reset image settings (compatible with modpack for 1.4.19)

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #203 on: January 23, 2009, 05:36:02 am »

Could you make an editfiles.php that doesn't allow mods to delete or reset image settings (compatible with modpack for 1.4.19)

Sorry - won't get enough time to do that.

stardust

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #204 on: January 25, 2009, 02:22:16 am »

well i went ahead & just replaced that attachment and it seems to be working fine with cpg1.4.19

NenaGb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #205 on: May 11, 2009, 11:55:11 pm »

Hello ok I added this mod but didnt realize my version was 1.4.21 vs. 1.1.19 so my question is, is there an easy fix to get it working right w/out refreshing all the files and manually adding the mod. I of course was excited to see this and sleep deprived and didnt make a back up of my files so I will need to get them from the main cpg files to do so. I just wanted to ask if there was an easier way to fix whatever I goofed.

My error is that I do not see the delete button when logged in as moderator user, but in admin mode i do see that each album has drop down feature to select which group has access to moderate. I have selected manually each album to have moderator access to moderate pics but still when logged in as a moderator user I do not see any feature to allow to edit files.

My gallery is www.CaneCorsoGallery.com

Thank you in advance :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #206 on: May 12, 2009, 08:09:20 am »

This mod should work for all versions of cpg1.4.x - at least that's what it was designed for. From the initial posting:
Attached files are for cpg1.4.19. If you are using any other version then do the changes manually
So that's what you need to do: apply the changes manually.
Running an outdated version of coppermine is not an option - make sure to keep it up to date. Most recent stable release currently (as I'm typing this) is cpg1.4.22. Upgrade to the most recent version, then apply this mod manually.

@Abbas: I'm oppossed to keep outdated files in mod threads. I suggest removing the files and only providing manual mod instructions.

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #207 on: May 14, 2009, 05:47:09 am »

@Joachim: Thanks for the suggestion.

@All: I have updated my initial post with new instructions. From now onwards it is highly recommended to do the changes manually instead of replacing the files. Please read the Step 2 of my initial post

tcscottc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #208 on: June 08, 2009, 08:03:38 am »

I have followed the instruction from the revised first post (or so I thought) and I see no visual difference to my admin.  Not sure what to do to try and resolve...thanks in advance for any assistance in getting me down the right path.

RickJ

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #209 on: March 06, 2010, 12:45:26 pm »

Very useful mod this, I've applied the latest patch instructions to Coppermine 1.4.26 and run into one small bug.

The code changes appear to assume register-globals is on in PHP. If it's off (which is usually the default now), then one more line is required.

In db_input.php, just above the change already made:

after

Code: [Select]
$visibility = !empty($password) ? FIRST_USER_CAT + USER_ID : $visibility;
add

Code: [Select]
$moderator_group = (int)$_POST['moderator_group'];
Now it works fine. It adds just the extra bit of edit granularity I need.

I've also generated a patch file of the changes (excluding the theme) in case I need to re-apply them - took a long time and made a few typos doing it manually! The file is attached in case it's of use to anyone.

Rick Jones

profili

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #210 on: November 04, 2010, 02:23:04 am »

This plugin works for CPG 1.5 too?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #211 on: November 04, 2010, 08:29:25 am »

This is not a plugin, but a hack of the core code. It probably doesn't work with cpg1.5.x, but you're not allowed that kind of question on this thread anyway - read up the sticky thread Don't ask for other versions to find out why. Your question is cluttering this thread. Read up what a plugin is as well in the documentation: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/plugins.htm#plugin_definition
cpg1.5.x comes with limited moderator capabilities built into it - read up the features it has got.
Locking.

mr.bena

« Reply #212 on: March 13, 2011, 06:41:41 pm »

Hi this is very great feature that I really need. My question is, will the instructions and zip files work the same on cpg 1.5.x? I search like "Moderator for Album Pictures cpg 1.5.x" but I have not seen any result for cpg 1.5.x.

mr.bena

« Reply #213 on: March 13, 2011, 09:03:24 pm »

Hi, I am using CPG 1.5.12, could you please tell me how can I appoint moderators in my gallery? I try to add or replace by referencing some of the code you have given in the above zip file, but I experience that in cpg 1.5.12 some of the code are already present and at the same time I could not find some of the code you instruct to replace. I hope there is a way to add moderation feature in cpg 1.5.12, I am really indeed of it!

Thank you in advanced.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.