Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Individual Upload Problem  (Read 3864 times)

fashionvictim86

• Coppermine newbie
Individual Upload Problem
« on: January 09, 2006, 05:01:56 am »

Okay, I've searched this forum for this problem and I didn't see anything else like it (even when I read through the troubleshooting guide), so I decided to post.  I'm trying to upload an image through just the Upload File process.  I find the file on my desktop, and when I click to add it, it gives me the message "Exceeded filesize permitted by CPG.".  Okay, the file is 174KB.  This is the message at the top of the Upload page, "The size of files uploaded from your client to the server should not exceed 99999999999999999999 KB each.".  Yeah, I set that for it to be high because we have a lot of high quality images.  Everything with batch upload is fine, except the fact that it won't allow me up to upload pictures bigger than 1500px even though I have it set to 4000px (they are also well over 174KB).   :-\  I would use batch upload all the time, but I don't want to give my users access to the FTP.  If someone could please help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Individual Upload Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 08:16:17 am »

after reading the upload troubleshooting section of the docs you should know what you need to do when asking for help. Re-read it and do accordingly. Setting the max file size to a ridiculously high value is just silly and wishful thinking, set it to something that actually makes sense, although this probably isn't the reasons for your issues.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 07:36:40 am by GauGau »

fashionvictim86

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 04:27:20 am »

Ok, so I went though all the documentation again, turned on debug (not getting any other error messages other than the exceded filesize), and checked php.ini.  I had the co-owner of my website check php.ini.  All of our settings are at the reccommended or exceed the recommended setting.  So I searched for the only error I was given in the forums, and I didn't come up with anything.  I made a test account for CPG.

URL:  www.greendayauthority.com/Picture_Vault/
username:  test
password:  gdauth

If anyone could actually be of help, I'd greatly appreciate it.  I'm ripping my hair out here.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 07:38:38 am »

do as suggested in the section I refered to, I still get an URI upload field.

fashionvictim86

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 03:24:19 am »

Okay, I disabled URL and it just uploaded a file successfully.  The weird thing was, when I went to upload it, I noticed that it said the file must not exceed " KB".  It didn't have a number.  So I checked the config and those fields where you fill in a quota was blank, where they previously were not before.  Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 07:09:02 am »

issue solved then?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.