Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moderator problem with phpBB  (Read 4448 times)

GogNav

• Coppermine newbie
Moderator problem with phpBB
« on: January 08, 2006, 12:43:19 am »

Hi guys,

First of all, Thank you for your excellent job... Coppermine is really nice. I have installed in (1.4.2) with PHPBB forum 2.0.19. Bridging works fine except for one thing. A moderator of my forum will not be able to see the pictures of cgn (the ablum is restricted to registered users). If I change his status to User again, it works. And if I create a group "test", and that the group "test" is a moderator group, and that I add that user to that group, he will see the pictures! I don't want to create groups (in phpbb), so what's the problem ? I tried to find an answer on this board with no success and sorry for my bad english.

Thank you for your answers!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 11:29:13 pm by GauGau »

Blueiris

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Horse poor!
    • Saddlebred World Gallery
Re: Moderator problem with phpBB
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 06:15:27 am »

Go to Admin Tools, then to Bridge Manager, and look at your settings. Is "Use post-based groups?:" set to 1?

If so, start the Bridge Wizard again, and when you get to the question "Use post-based groups?" click on "no." I was able to duplicate your problem on my test phpBB/Coppermine install, and disabling use post-based groups solved it.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink - he's got to discover that it's wet for himself.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 06:38:34 am »

You should also upgrade to 1.4.3.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

GogNav

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 08:31:10 am »

Go to Admin Tools, then to Bridge Manager, and look at your settings. Is "Use post-based groups?:" set to 1?

If so, start the Bridge Wizard again, and when you get to the question "Use post-based groups?" click on "no." I was able to duplicate your problem on my test phpBB/Coppermine install, and disabling use post-based groups solved it.

Yes, "Use post-based groups" is set to 1! I will try again and keep you informed. Thank you very much for your prompt answer. And sorry for my mystake, it's version 1.4.3 that I have installed. 

GogNav

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 09:40:02 pm »

It works! Great! Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.