Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CHMOD permissions, need better answer  (Read 3852 times)

knockturnal

• Coppermine newbie
CHMOD permissions, need better answer
« on: January 07, 2006, 06:24:14 am »

i ve read through the forums but you pretty much say talk to your hosting provider to change permissions. i would like a better answer so i don't have to do that everytime.

Default mode for directories
If, and only if, during the file upload or batch add process, the installer complains about the directory not having the right permissions, try setting this to 0777 . Failure to do so may prevent you from being able to delete directories created by the script with your FTP client should you ever decide it necessary to uninstall the coppermine script.

Note: setting this option doesn't CHMOD the files or folders that are being uploaded. Instead, the setting is used when coppermine, itself, creates new folders for user uploads (within the userpics directory). If you experienced problems during the initial Coppermine setup related to permissions, this option is not what you have been looking for nor should it be changed ( for more information regarding CHMOD, see the FAQ.htm document located in the DOCS folder of this installation package ).

the thing im interested in is

Note: setting this option doesn't CHMOD the files or folders that are being uploaded.

well how do i change this defualt??

i read topics in joomla's forums about this issue, and joomla now is able to change the defaults of those files permissions. is there a way to do that in cpg?

ecto

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • My very incomplete gallery
Re: CHMOD permissions, need better answer
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 06:34:20 am »

i ve read through the forums but you pretty much say talk to your hosting provider to change permissions. i would like a better answer so i don't have to do that everytime.

Well, if you can upload via FTP, you can also change permissions via your FTP client, and if it's good you should also be able to set the default mode for created folders and files.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

knockturnal

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 10:09:08 pm »

Well, if you can upload via FTP, you can also change permissions via your FTP client, and if it's good you should also be able to set the default mode for created folders and files.

well you are not having the same problem i am obviously! i know how ftp works. when i installed a plugin for coppermine, it created the file/folders, not me. it defaulted the permissions. i can't change them through my ftp client or my cpanel. only the host provider can.

my question is how do i get cpg to not do that

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 11:25:31 pm »

Ask your webhost to solve this permanently by CHOWNing as needed. Your issues are webserver-related, not coppermine-related.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.