Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tutorial for Mod  (Read 4278 times)

fas917

• Coppermine newbie
Tutorial for Mod
« on: January 06, 2006, 03:14:09 pm »

Hi,

I am new to coppermine and not a php wiz. I was hopping to find some tutorial on How to write a mod or alter cpg to suit my needs. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 12:34:22 pm by GauGau »

ecto

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • My very incomplete gallery
Re: Tutorial for Mod
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 03:25:06 pm »

That would be like writing a tutorial on how to write a tutorial. You could do it in an infinite number of ways. It totally depends on what you would like to do. Do you want to change a color somewhere? Change one line in one file. Do you want to change the whole way Coppermine goes about uploading pictures? Change a lot of lines in a lot of files..

I guess what you would want is some kind of "work flow schematic" for Coppermine, that shows which functions are involved in what, what they do, in what order they are called, etc. Sorry, no such tutorial exists. The devs have it in their heads, and people who do mods learn by reading the code and testing.

fas917

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Tutorial for Mod
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 03:44:27 pm »

Yes, I want a work flow schematic for cpg showing what functions are involved and most of the globle veriables. The reason is, I have used someone to write a mod for older version of cpg but he is no where to be found to update it for the current one. So, I took it to myself to write/update my own mod that way I dont have to depand on someone else for mod and I can contribute to cpg as well.

Thanks for you reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.