Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: permit registered users to change album properties  (Read 3478 times)

jeroenisblij

• Coppermine newbie
permit registered users to change album properties
« on: January 06, 2006, 02:05:30 pm »

I am running Coppermine 1.4.3. Is it possible to allow registered users to create their own, public, albums (and adjust them as they wish).

For example: Administrators have the "album properties" button, to adjust the album description. Is it also possible to enable the "album properties" function for registered users, so they can adjust their own albums?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 05:10:17 pm by jeroenisblij »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: permit registered users to change album properties
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 02:57:29 pm »

I am running Coppermine 1.4.3. Is it possible to allow registered users to create their own, public, albums (and adjust them as they wish).
no, not possible.

jeroenisblij

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 06:52:32 pm »

I am wondering why that is not a feature of coppermine... I mean, it would make coppermine a perfect tool to create community picture websites, for example?

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 10:33:45 pm »

Please search the forums for more threads about permissions.  There has been quite a bit of discussion on what people want and responses on how to achieve certain things with mods or plugins.

The answer in many of the other threads as to why a certain permission is not in the core code is that the permissions system will most likely be overhauled in a future major version and right now it doesn't make sense to add things here & there as quick fixes.  You can add things here & there as mods, but in the core code it doesn't make sense until an overall plan is made.

Everyone has his or her own wants & needs for Coppermine.  The core code tries to cover the common ones.  You don't want to add every little function that most people won't use and might affect the size & speed of the core code.

Right now, Coppermine *does* work quite well in community picture websites.  Yes, more controls for non-admin users would be useful, and they are being considered (please see other threads).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.