Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade result "Fatal Error:" on every page, no '.' in my database either  (Read 7981 times)

Teune

• Coppermine novice
    • Chicago Area Bird and Wildlife Photos

After following the upgrade instructions from 1.3.x to 1.4.2, and running the update.php file, I tried going to my index, and any other page besides update.php and it says, cryptically,
"Fatal Error:"
that's it, nothing else and I can't go to any page, including admin stuff such as config
Check out my Bird Photo gallery
http://www.chicagobirds.com

Nibbler

Post a link to your gallery.

Teune

• Coppermine novice

Nibbler

You need to update all your files with new versions from the package before you run update.php. I can see the files in the sql directory are still 1.3.5

B12

• Coppermine newbie

i got the same problem, and my files are all 1.43 checked and doubble checked

edit: nevermind got it solved, i made a fresh install en then i used phpmyadmin to get te picture, album and categories data over to the new database.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 03:37:36 pm by B12 »

jd_aus

• Coppermine newbie

Upgraded from 1.3.2 to 1.4.3

I get the same problem as above, and have removed all old files to another folder (will delete when finished).

don't particularly want to stuff around with phpmyadmin unless i have to (don't have time to learn how to use phpmyadmin properly ... and my site is just a family pix site)

have done the upgrade process previously on older versions (from 1.1 and up) with no hassles.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 11:25:18 pm by jd_aus »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

did you run versioncheck.php ?

Keanuette

• Coppermine novice

edit: nevermind got it solved, i made a fresh install en then i used phpmyadmin to get te picture, album and categories data over to the new database.

How do you copy the database?

Is it difficult??

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

not recommended, definitely not newbie proof. Do as suggested and follow the upgrade guide from the docs.
However, if you think you're up to this: you usually create a database dump using a tool like phpMyAdmin or mySqlDumper. You restore the dump using another table prefix (you'll have to edit the dump file manually for this) with the same tool. As I said: not recommended for newbies, usually a good method to ruin your install.
Anyway, you already started an upgrade thread of your own, please stick to it.

Keanuette

• Coppermine novice

Well, actually I added to an existing thread [which has been amended, so I see].

I don't want to have to mess about with transferring databases. I don't need the hassle. If you can help answer my query, I will love you forever!

:D

Teune

• Coppermine novice
Re: Upgrade result "Fatal Error:" on every page, no '.' in my database either
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 04:21:05 am »

You need to update all your files with new versions from the package before you run update.php. I can see the files in the sql directory are still 1.3.5

Ok, I'm following the instructions, where does it say 'update your files'?
I uploaded all the files from the package already, overwriting the old ones (except the ones noted in the instructions) shouldn't they just be the new files? I then ran update.php per the instructions. What am I missing?

3.4 Upgrading from cpg1.2.x or cpg1.3.x to version cpg1.4.3
First, make a backup (dump) of your database.
Backup your include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file and your "albums" directoy.
Unpack the archive
If the file install.php exists in the root directory, delete it.
Except for the "albums" directory, upload all of the new files and directories making sure not to overwrite the include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file or the albums directory.
Delete all leftover, outdated language files in the lang folder that are named XXX-utf-8.php
If you have not already done so, create a folder called "edit" within your "albums" directory - this folder will be used by coppermine as a temporary folder, do not ftp-upload files there. Make sure the new "edit"-folder is CHMODed the same way your albums-directory is (755 or 777, depending on your server's config)
Run the file "update.php" in the coppermine directory once in your browser (e.g. http://yourdomain.tld/coppermine/update.php). This will update your coppermine install by making all necessary changes in the database.
If you have made a custom theme, apply the changes that were introduced in the themes structure to your custom-made theme - refer to the theme-upgrade guide.
You can not use language files from older versions of Coppermine - make sure you only have the language files that come with this package inside of your lang folder (delete or rename all files from older versions within the lang folder)
Please note: as there have been changes both in the coppermine files and the database from cpg1.3.0beta to cpg1.3.0 (final) and then on to cpg1.4.x, users of the beta will have to apply all steps mentioned above: both the files have to be replaced and the update.php script has to be run once.

Teune

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 04:35:14 am »

This sounds like a much simpler solution.
Why even have an update.php if it seems so hit or miss and requires you to overwrite all the old files anyway?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006, 05:27:15 am »

update.php alters the database for you... unless you'd like to do that yourself.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 11:14:32 am »

OK, to stop others hijacking this thread over and over again, I'm locking this one. Message to everybody: upgrade as suggested in the docs, don't try anything else unless you know your way around extremely well. Failure of upgrade process is almost always caused by users not doing as suggested and replacing all needed files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.