Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Configuring 'skin' to match my site  (Read 4606 times)

Walkinman

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Skolai Images - Nature, Travel and Adventure stock photos
Configuring 'skin' to match my site
« on: January 04, 2006, 05:58:26 pm »

Hey folks,

I've asked a few questions so far and have had all my problems solved, so thank you for your help. However, this one will be harder for me. I have very little (really, no) knowledge of CSS stuff, and I don't know much about html either. I've read over the "creating or upgrading your own themes) tutorials, and didn't get very far at all. I downloaded the template.html, style.css and theme.php files for the design I want to use, but didn't really get far. I've run into a few problems (wel, lots of problems, really  ;D). The theme.hph file is basically empty .. do I also download the sample theme.php file and make alterations on it, then upload that as the theme.php file for my pages?

You can see the pages here:

http://www.skolaiimages.com/galleries/index.php

Firstly, I want the page to be only as wide as the Nav bar and logo at the top of my page.

Also, when I click on one of the images in the 'latest additions', the page that opens up is WAY too wide, and has the film strip for al those images below it .. can I change this somehow, maybe making the film strip several sgements stacked underneath one another, or something similar?

Also:

I want a lightbox feature on all the pages

I want a 'cart'

I want to get rid of all the stuff at the top of the pages, under my nav bar. - the "home" my gallery' stuff, stuff, etc, all the admin buttons above the galleries, etc.

I want to get rid of the "random files" selections.

I want to get rid of the 'MySQL" and "PHP" buttons at the bottom of the pages, etc.

Is it possible to make the gallery pages fit that s'skin', and yet have each individual image page open up so that it more closely resembles the individual pages on my static pages:

http://www.skolaiimages.com/portfolio/wildlife/whitetailbuck_ptf.html

I would like the 'search' feature to be a text box at the top of each page, rather than a page unto itself. Can I include the search function as it appears here:

http://www.skolaiimages.com/galleries/search.php

either on the top or the bottom of each page? Can I get rid of the list of keywords that appear under the Search box?

Is it possible to have the 'search' function also appear and work on my static "non-coppermine' pages?

I'm really sorry for my lack of knowledge on this stuff, and really appreciate some step-by-step help. If anyone would rather email me off-list if that's easier, feel free to do so, or post any comments here.

Thank you.

Cheers

Carl
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 05:47:18 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Configuring 'skin' to match my site
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 06:12:24 pm »

Please repect the 'one question per thread' policy. Much of this is covered in the documentation.

Walkinman

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 06:23:10 pm »

Hello Nibbler,

I'm sorry - I just thought having so many questions it would make sense to post once, rather than so many times. Honestly, I've read over the documentation .. but I don't have enough understanding of how some of this works to make it work for me.

Can you tell me, please, how to make the page no wider than the Nav bar I've got at the top of my pages?

Thank you.

Cheers

Carl

Bacchus

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
  • Sith Marauder
    • Solitude
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 06:41:14 pm »

Can you tell me, please, how to make the page no wider than the Nav bar I've got at the top of my pages?

You need to set them with the same width.

Walkinman

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 06:43:52 pm »

hello Bachus,

Thank you .. can you please tell me how, specifically, to do that?

Thank you.

Cheers

Carl

Syree

• Coppermine novice
    • Janet Planet
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 10:17:47 pm »

Hello walkingman, i'm new to coppermine too and trying to figure out some things aswell. What I do know is that you can set the table width in a certain amount of pixels or a percentage, (check the width of your image in pixels) and login to your coppermine, then go to configuration (or settings, im'not sure what its called in english) and go to album list. There you can type the number of the pixels. Do the same for the pages where the image once clicked on will be shown, this you will find aswel in configuration, but then go to "image" and set the max. number of pixels. This should do the job i think? I'm no expert, but this worked for me :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 10:37:10 pm by Syree »

Walkinman

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 05:21:31 am »

Hello Syree,

Thank you, that seemed to work. So far, so good!  ;D

Now, I'll post my next question.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.