Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intergrating ipb 2.1 with cpg143 problems  (Read 5525 times)

Marts

• Coppermine newbie
Intergrating ipb 2.1 with cpg143 problems
« on: January 04, 2006, 12:04:54 pm »

Hi, this maybe posted somewhere already, but i have searched and searched and now my fingers are sore! So i am going to ask you here............

Problem:
I am trying, and have been for 2 days now, to intergrate my ipb 2.1 board with my cpg143 gallery, but all i get when trying is:

/cpg143/conf_global.php doesn't exist. Correct the value you entered for Relative path to your BBS's config file

Its really starting to get on my nerves now. I have looked into and adjusted cookie settings so they follow the same path (/) , but it still says the same thing (as above). I have even tried intergrating it in reverse by putting the gallery first and then the forum in the bbs path, but that still does the same thing.

looking into the server, there is no such 'config_global.php' in the cpg143 folder???? There is one in my ipb forum folder tho??? I'm just really getting confused and stressed now :(

If anyone can please help me out with this, it would be really really appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 08:15:20 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Intergrating ipb 2.1 with cpg143 problems
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 12:12:07 pm »

You need to enter the relative path to the config_global.php of your forum. BBS refers to your forum.

Marts

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 04:15:59 pm »

I have done that too Nibbler, but it still says the same thing. I have used the url of the forum and then set it to the config_global.php of the forum and all i get is the same error. I have done it from the url of my gallery and then set it to the same config_global.php of the forum and still it gives me the same error message. No matter what i type, it always says the same error. I have been on this now for three days and it really is starting to get me down.

Could it be a cookie problem? or some other thing that is stopping the bridging manager from managing the simpliest of tasks? If anyone has experienced this in the past, or someone knows exactly whats going on here, please help me.

Thanks in advance

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 04:43:56 pm »

Please post the urls of your gallery and forum so I can tell you what the correct path would be.

Marts

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 07:17:38 pm »

Forum: http://www.krooz.co.uk/forum
Gallery: http://www.krooz.co.uk/gallery/cpg143

I have 2 sites running from one server too. Krooz.co.uk is put in /krooz/ if that makes any difference (which i doubt it does, but ya never know ;))

I have already tried all varieties of the following:

Forum URL: http://www.krooz.co.uk/forum
Relative path to your BBS's config file: ../forum/

Forum URL: www.krooz.co.uk/forum
Relative path to your BBS's config file: ../gallery/cpg143

..........etc etc etc etc etc

Nothing ever makes it recognise that Config_global.php!

I am new to all this, but surely i cant be getting this simple little thing wrong

Cheers for the help Nibbler, it is appreciated.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 07:25:04 pm »

Forum url is http://www.krooz.co.uk/forum
Relative path is ../../forum

Marts

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 08:11:32 pm »

Top one Nibbler - Problem Solved!

Just one thing, for anyone who is following this thread......... I had to add a further '/' like: ../../forum/ and not ../../forum

But thanks so much Nibbler ........... Now i can get on and release my site properly :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.