Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I disable the full size image pop-up?  (Read 4999 times)

ejgladwin

• Coppermine novice
    • Edward Gladwin's Photo Gallery
How do I disable the full size image pop-up?
« on: January 04, 2006, 12:02:49 pm »

Hi,

I'd like to disable people being able to click on the intermediate image to pop-up a full sized image.  My intermediate & full size images are the same size, so there's no point to it in my case :)

I assume I have to copy something from the sample theme.php to my theme.php and edit it?  Could somebody tell me what it is I need to edit?

Thanks very much for any help,

Edward
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 07:44:00 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: How do I disable the full size image pop-up?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 12:14:06 pm »

If they are the same size then disable 'Create intermediate pictures' in config.

ejgladwin

• Coppermine novice
    • Edward Gladwin's Photo Gallery
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 03:40:34 pm »

I've done this.  I disbaled 'Create intermediate pictures' on the config screen, resized the photos myself on my PC, then uploaded them to Coppermine.  However I can still pop-up the photo into a new window by clicking on it. 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 04:40:59 pm »

link and non-admin test user account.

skull

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 01:25:48 am »

I would like to know how to do this also. I don't want anyone to download my pictures so I have a no right click script that works fine, but when you click on the intermediate picture it opens in a new window where you can right click and save.

I have disabled the "create intermediate pictures" butwhen I upload new files it still will open them in a new window.

I have tried to locate some of the code that others suggested be deleted but I can't find it in this version.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 01:50:04 am »

skull: You could try my plugin "Full-Size Photos Access Control" so you don't have to modify the core scripts:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=25010.0.

It removes the link to popup the full-size photos, but if someone figures out the URL of the full-size photos, they can still grab them by manually typing in this URL.  There are ways to block this as well; some other threads describe this (using .htaccess I believe).   If a no-right-click script is fine for you, then this plugin will probably be fine as well.  Both stop most people, but people who do some work could figure out how to get them (both intermediate and full-size).

skull

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 02:49:55 am »

Thanks for that, it worked!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.