Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Coppermine and phpBB  (Read 4888 times)

BrianKessler

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Coppermine and phpBB
« on: January 04, 2006, 01:25:13 am »

I must be going insane.  I was sure I posted asking for help integrating my CPG 1.4.3 with my phpBB 2.0.19

Okay, here's the mandatory stuff:

Coppermine install: http://www.orderofthecrimsontongues.org/photogallery/
Forum install: http://www.orderofthecrimsontongues.org/phpBB2/index.php
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.3
Forum version: phpBB 2.0.19
Test user account: some_nameless_testuser / 001122

BridgeManager settings:
Non-existent.

I don't know where or how to set the bridge.  Do I want to modify phpbb.inc.php?  phpbb2018.inc.php?  And what happened to all the lines like:

define('PHPBB_DB_NAME', 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'); // The name of the database used by the board
define('PHPBB_BD_HOST', 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'); // The name of the database server
define('PHPBB_DB_USERNAME', 'xxxxxxxx'); // The username to use to connect to the database
define('PHPBB_DB_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxxx'); // The password to use to connect to the database

that were in the previous versions of CPG I used?

I looked at the docs that came with CPG 1.4.3 and either I'm overworked and overtired or there is nothing in there on how to configure the bridge.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get this working?

Thank you,

Sincerely,

-Brian.

P.S., is it really too much to ask that the next update anticipates people having bridges and tryi allowing people to develop the upgrade in such a way as not to break those bridges?

[Sorry if I seem cranky... I'm just too tired to appreciate running this gallery as a hobby right now.... I just want things to work.]
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 02:00:47 am by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Re: Coppermine and phpBB
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 09:15:18 am »

It's all in the manual.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#integrating

P.S., is it really too much to ask that the next update anticipates people having bridges and tryi allowing people to develop the upgrade in such a way as not to break those bridges?

One of the many advantages of the new bridge system introduced in 1.4 is that you will be able to update to future versions without messing up the bridge.

BrianKessler

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 02:09:54 pm »

Thank you for your response.

I still have a problem however.

With the bridge broken, I am no longer able to log into Coppermine...  If I had a seperate account for Coppermine, it was several years ago when I first set it up and used it for less than an hour.  Having such short term use, I didn't make a record of my account details.

Is there a way I can set up a functional admin account for myself within the MySQL database administration?

-Brian.

Nibbler

Re: Re: Coppermine and phpBB
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 02:25:26 pm »

You can lookup your admin details with the db admin tool. It will be the first user in the users table (user_id of 1).

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 10:08:00 pm »

To re-set the bridge when you cannot log on, you need to go to your database, coppermine config table, and switch off the bridge by finding 'bridge_enable' (on the 4th page in the table) and changing it from 1 to 0.

Then you will be able to log in to the gallery and set up the bridge manager using the new bridge manager in the admin tools page.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

BrianKessler

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 01:49:02 am »

Thank you.  My Bridge is now working.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.