Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PhpBB 2.0.18 + CPG 1.4.3 - Keep getting logged out!  (Read 7494 times)

aXeR

• Coppermine newbie
PhpBB 2.0.18 + CPG 1.4.3 - Keep getting logged out!
« on: January 04, 2006, 01:59:37 am »

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine and PHP 2.0.18:
When I browser the gallery and then go back to my website / forum (running off phpbb backend) after a long period of time / reboot I have to re-log in, I can’t figure why.

Coppermine install: http://ammobox.net/galery
Forum install: http://ammobox.net/forum.php
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.3
Forum version: PHPbb v2.0.18
Test user account: test / test

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://ammobox.net/forum.php
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../
Use post-based groups?:  0

I really hope someone is able to help, this is driving my mad :D
Many Thanks
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 12:02:11 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: PhpBB 2.0.18 + CPG 1.4.3 - Keep getting logged out!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 06:23:37 am »

http://ammobox.net/galery is a dead link...

Blueiris

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Horse poor!
    • Saddlebred World Gallery
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 07:30:10 am »

aXeR missed an "l" in that URL, GauGau. I got there using http://www.ammobox.net/gallery.

I went to the AmmoBOX gallery and tried to log in using the test account aXeR posted - no luck, couldn't log in.

Went to the site thru the forum link and got logged in OK, but something's weird with the main site, because after loggin in "test" appeared in the Statistics box under "Registered Users," but below that, the link still said "Log In." So, OK, click on Log In again, and re-enter the user name and password on the log in page. Then "test" shows up again in the Statistics box, and now the link changes to "Log out[test].

So I click the "Forums" link, and then click on "New Topic" just to see if the login held, and nope, I get bounced back to the login page. But "test" still appears in the Statistics box under "Registered users".

Log in again, and this time use the Gallery link. Obviously the login was lost - no user control buttons.

I can't tell whether this is a bridge problem, or a problem between the portal and phpBB. I would suggest disabling the bridge, then thoroughly testing to see whether the login holds between the portal and the forum.  If everything works OK with the bridge disabled, then make sure you are using the latest version of the bridge file:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/coppermine/stable/bridge/phpbb2018.inc.php?rev=1.10&view=markup

If it still doesn't work when you re-enable bridging, I'm afraid I must defer to GauGau's superior knowledge for a better solution!

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink - he's got to discover that it's wet for himself.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 09:12:35 am »

Update to the latest stable version before requesting support.

aXeR

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 10:01:03 am »

Interesting Blueiris, I generally log in via the website, sometimes (if for example I clear my cookies) I have to login twice but generally I just log in once and that’s sufficient.

I will try updating to the latest build (but I suspect that wont fix the issue)

Regards, Jon

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 10:55:58 am »

You have set the cookie name of both coppermine and phpbb to the same thing. Change one or the other.

aXeR

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 10:26:18 am »

Nibbler,

Thanks very much for the above confirmation, when doing some intensive scanning around I did find a mention or two on this subject but as it was such old articles I disregarded them assuming they no longer apply.

That said, I have already tried using separate cookies but I think I must be making a mistake.  When I change the cookie name in the forum from the one in the gallery, the gallery is no longer able to be logged in to, if I change the gallery cookie is the same story (end up editing the config table in the database to get it back again)

The site is now running the latest phpBB build (2.0.19) as well as the latest gallery build (1.4.3)

@ Blueiris, Could you try again now please, I have installed a cookie mod which I believe has fixed the 'double' login bug, I wiped my cookies and tried on both i.e and moz and got in first time on both :)

Thanks very much for the help thus far chaps!

aXeR

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 10:30:38 am »

Ignore that, just changed the cookie on the gallery, logged out, logged back in via the forum and it worked this time! (a fix in the update ?)

Cheers again guys!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 12:01:58 pm »

no, expected behaviour: cookie names must differ (as suggested in the docs). When fiddling with cookies, you have of course to delete your local cookies to test the new settings. Marking thread as "solved".

aXeR

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 01:43:32 pm »

GauGau, what I meant was with the our previous setup, when u changed the cookie on either the gallery or the forum (and not the other) the gallery would not allow you to log in at all, this time around (after the update of both phpBB and CPG) it works fine :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 01:52:37 pm »

OK, fine then. That's why it's recommended to always use the most recent version.

aXeR

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 02:20:08 pm »

Indeed, thanks very much for your help, all working beautifully now :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.