Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to adjust cpg to insert in iframe?  (Read 4467 times)

Syree

• Coppermine novice
    • Janet Planet
How to adjust cpg to insert in iframe?
« on: January 03, 2006, 10:04:26 pm »

Hello, I'm finally almost done with setting up my gallery the way i want to, with the help of some dev's here LOL. Anyway, i'm trying to insert it inside my i-frame, but i can't seem to change the width of the gallery. I put all the table settings (main and thumbnail tables) to the correct pixel sizes, yet it's too wide to fit inside my frame. I'm still a newbie, and i saw some topic about removing the horizontal scrollbar here on the forum, but i didn't understand the answer (to look for issues in project vii). I have no idea where to fix this, can someone help me? I've uploaded a little test page so you can see what i mean here:

http://www.janet-planet.net/testpics.htm

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How to adjust cpg to insert in iframe?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 10:13:42 pm »

don't use frames nor iframes, they suck. Instead: create a custom theme that matches the look of the rest of your website.

Syree

• Coppermine novice
    • Janet Planet
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 10:21:47 pm »

LOL!!! I know they kinda suck...but it should be possible inside a inframe cause i seen it on other websites...
Seriously, is there a way or is it really too complicated?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 10:29:11 pm »

it's technically possible, yet you need to modify your theme to make sure that the content of your frame is not too wide - a very hard task imo. Designing a good custom theme without using frames is not more complicated imo.

Syree

• Coppermine novice
    • Janet Planet
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 10:31:09 pm »

hmmm...i guess you are right. Honestly i also chose this option so i wouldn't have to bother with adding a header  :D I have really NO idea how to do this, but i will try ;) If you coppermine experts say its complicated, i'm not even gonna try LOL!! Tnx for the answer anyway ;)

Syree

• Coppermine novice
    • Janet Planet
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 10:12:31 pm »

hmmmm, a new day, I'd still like to know if someone can maybe help me out to put it inside an iframe (yep yep i'm stubborn i know LOL) but i'd love to have it like that! If anyone feels up to it, I would really appreciate your help :)

Syree

• Coppermine novice
    • Janet Planet
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 12:10:18 pm »

Maybe i should ask only this: how do i remove the spaces which are aside the maintable? I mean, i adjusted my table widths and everything, but there's still some "loose space" on the left and right of the table it seems, is there a way to remove this? Cause if i know how to do that, i think i can get it done LOL. I appreciate the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.