Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Really New at This, but...  (Read 4625 times)

rraisley

• Coppermine newbie
Really New at This, but...
« on: January 03, 2006, 03:08:48 am »

I recently installed Coppermine, or rather had my web site install it, which went really well. But I'm having problems in two areas, one of which I'll cover here.

First, I must be really missing something, just in uploading images. I made another Test User username, and was able to make my own User Gallery. Now, I want to upload some images.

First, is the only link/button (or for that matter, the only login link) the one visible /after/ hovering over the little Home button at the top? That really seems unintuitive, as you figure you're already home, and you're just looking for a way to do things. Anyhow, I log in, then click on the Upload File link (which again is invisible until hovering over the Home button), select a couple valid JPG files, which I've checked for size and all, and click CONTINUE. The next screen tells me that 2 uploads were successful, and I must now hit Continue to add them to albums. (Why weren't they just added to my album?) The next screen shows no preview or file size, despite the fact that it said they were uploaded. I select the only available album, and Continue, then do the second one, after which I get:

The previous file could not be placed.

You have successfully placed all the files.

And when I go to look at the album, there's nothing there.

Yes, I have changed the permissions of the Albums folder, and all subfolders, to be wide open (777). I thought that was my problem originally, but apparently it wasn't.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

rraisley

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Really New at This, but...
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 05:27:33 am »

Thanks for the reply. I set the debug settings as stated, but when I went to change the Group settings, I don't get the same screen as the instructions display. There is no dropdown for single or multi-file uploads, just the settings for Permissions, Public albums upload, Personal Gallery, and Upload Method. Under upload method, I can select Variable or Fixed, as well as how many boxes are available.

Perhaps another setting needs to be made first?

My album address is: http://www.heavymetalpro.com/coppermine/

I have set up "Test User" with the password "password", if you would like to take a look.

Thanks again. ;-)

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 05:35:48 am »

First, upgrade to 1.4.3.  Second, switch to the classic theme.  Third, follow the troubleshooting instructions.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

rraisley

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 05:49:51 am »

First, upgrade to 1.4.3.  Second, switch to the classic theme.  Third, follow the troubleshooting instructions.
Geez, it's been installed less than a week, and I have to upgrade to make it work??

I switched to Classic theme, and do like that at least the Upload File and Login links are available without searching for them. Same problems with uploading, though, but that's without the upgrade. As I mentioned, my host did the install, with the current version when I did it, and I'll have to do research and all to look at upgrading. Maybe this isn't the photo gallery for me. Thanks very much for responding, though. ;-)

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 06:05:41 am »

Upgrading is easy.  Your host screwed the pooch by not giving you the most current version.  We don't recommend Fantastico anyway.  Standard versions look exactly like the troubleshooting screen.  You'll be much happier if you do the upgrade with our files.  Trust me on this one.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 07:37:00 am »

Dave, it doesn't exactly look that way. The tutorial screenshots are made on cpg1.3.x.

@rraisley: do as suggested here: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

rraisley

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 02:41:48 am »

After doing as the instructions above, the upload failed, but the following info was displayed:

The file 'albums/userpics/Mech7~4.jpg' can't be inserted in the album
(The filename being uploaded was Mech7.jpg, by the way.)

Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: 127

Cmd line :
/usr/bin/convert -quality 80 -antialias -geometry 81x100 'albums/userpics/Mech7~4.jpg' 'albums/userpics/thumb_Mech7~4.jpg'

The convert program said:
sh: line 1: /usr/bin/convert: No such file or directory

File: /home/heavym2/public_html/coppermine/db_input.php - Line: 391

As posted previously, the gallery page is: http://www.heavymetalpro.com/coppermine/index.php
User name is "Test User" and password is "password".

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 03:51:16 am »

You either don't have ImageMagick installed, or it isn't here: /usr/bin/

Switch to GD2.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.