Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cannot move albums from user gallery to new category  (Read 5188 times)

gary

• Coppermine newbie
cannot move albums from user gallery to new category
« on: January 03, 2006, 03:11:46 am »

hello happy new year!

i hope this is the right place to ask this.

when viewing when in registered mode, my http://nameofsite/gallery/modifyalb.php page, the 'album category' is uneditable and set to 'User Gallery', but I wish to edit that to a new Category I just created. How to do this?

Also in Admin mode, any of the albums created in registered mode don't appear in the Album Manager. Why is that?

many thanks in advance!

Gary

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: cannot move albums from user gallery to new category
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 07:30:43 am »

regular users can only create albums within their personal gallery. Only the admin can create public categories and albums. Please read the documentation that comes with coppermine first.

gary

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 07:39:56 am »

regular users can only create albums within their personal gallery. Only the admin can create public categories and albums. Please read the documentation that comes with coppermine first.

hi yeah thanks ive read it several times over and I'm sure this is a nuisance to you.

I know regular users can only create albums within their personal gallery, so I was trying to transfer the contents of a regular user's album into another category whilst in Admin mode, however I cannot seem to find that particular regular user's album in the album manager while in Admin mode. Why is this and if I'm doing something wrong please let me know. Thanks very much.

TheGamer1701

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • PartyNation.tv - Always the newest Party Facs from North Germany
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 08:28:32 am »

@Gary:
You can't move pictures and/or albums from a personal galery to a public category.
The only way to do that would be to directly go to the database and change the "category" setting from "10XXX" to "x" (public categories usually have just one or two numbers while the user categories have 10,000 + userid)

@ecp:
Please, don't post any Admin logins here.
If one of the support people need a login, then they'll ask for it.
More details from the debug log would be more helpful.

(I would guess that you haven't set the permissions on your directories properly, check if they are writable - e.g. 777)

heape

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 04:25:30 am »

Actually I have a similar question.. I want to be able to assign ownership of a public category to a user of my site.

This way when the user goes to upload pictures, they can choose albums in the public category I have assigned to them.  One way to do this is to make the albums uploadable to the public.  However this become a many to one relationship where ANYONE can upload to those albums. I want the public category to be assigned to 1 individual user (plus admin).

Using phpMyAdmin I examined the database looking for tables that had the relationship of category to user.  I wanted to assign a public category to a user.  Again this would be to allow  a user to use the pull down menu and see  albums in that  public category.  However I couldn't figure out the database schema and what element/table that would assoicate a category to a user.

I looked at the PhP source, I think util.php and no easy mods jumped out at me.

Can anyone make suggestions?  I think maybe this what Gary is describing in his reply? Change the category from 10XXX to XX?  I'll give it a shot...

Here's my site: htttp://www.heape.net/pics

-Rob

heape

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 04:37:21 am »

In the cpg_140_albums table I switched the album from 5 to 10005 and that moved the album from the public category to the users "My Gallery". This is not what I wanted to do.

I want to give ownership of a public category to an individual user such that they can control that catergory, mostly upload pictures to albums in that category w/o it being open to everybody else in the world.

-Rob

TheGamer1701

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • PartyNation.tv - Always the newest Party Facs from North Germany
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 07:58:38 am »

In the cpg_140_albums table I switched the album from 5 to 10005 and that moved the album from the public category to the users "My Gallery". This is not what I wanted to do.

I want to give ownership of a public category to an individual user such that they can control that catergory, mostly upload pictures to albums in that category w/o it being open to everybody else in the world.

-Rob

Hello,

that is a nice feature and I guess it's also a feature that a lot of people are waiting for, but it's not yet integrated in cpg.
Maybe there is a mod avaible, try searching the mod forum.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 02:56:58 pm »

@heape: your issue is not related and shouldn't have been posted as a reply to this thread. Can't split it now, as the remaining post would look as if something is missing. Don't try to hijack threads in the future. In cpg1.4.x, there's a switch in config that allows users to retain control over their pics in public albums.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.