Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Umlaute problem - with UTF-8 !!  (Read 3267 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

seppi

  • Coppermine newbie
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
Umlaute problem - with UTF-8 !!
« on: December 29, 2005, 04:14:01 pm »

I cant get the german umlaute working. I installed the 1.4.2 version and diddnt change anything.

What should i do to get it work. ( I searched for the problem but the change to utf-8 doesnt help me)

if i change firefox 1.5 language from westlich-iso8859-1 to utf-8 it works great. But i cant require this to every user whos surfing by.
Logged

Nibbler

  • Guest
Re: Umlaute problem - with UTF-8 !!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 04:31:24 pm »

Update to 1.4.3 and post a link to your gallery.
Logged

Cyclist

  • Coppermine novice
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 42
Re: Umlaute problem - with UTF-8 !!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 03:14:53 pm »

I have a similar problem but with v1.43: In the database tables all content shows up fine but on the website on my test server (not online yet) all special characters are displayed wrong. I use utf-8 now. The characters from the language files are displayed correctly but those within the database tables not. collation is utf8_unicode_ci. Is that wrong? It's a new installation.

Some of the wrong characters:

turns ă
turns ɢ class= or sometimes just ɢ
turns 颠class= or sometimes just 颠
turns ?
(Internet Explorer)

with firefox other wrong characters are displayed.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 03:22:38 pm by Cyclist »
Logged

Joachim Mller

  • Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 47844
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Umlaute problem - with UTF-8 !!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 07:10:19 pm »

as far as I remember, you have performed an upgrade, so your old content is still in latin-encoded. Run the charsetmgr if possible. If you can't, you'll have to convert your content manually.
Logged

Cyclist

  • Coppermine novice
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 42
Re: Umlaute problem - with UTF-8 !!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 10:19:51 pm »

No, I didn't perform an upgrade. I started with cpg with v1.42.

I have two test installations on my test server: one using the old ISO and a new one using utf-8.

First I tried to convert the iso into utf-8 but this was a bad idea because then all characters in the database are displayed wrong althiugh the frontend looks fine.

So I decided to run a fresh install based on utf-8, but with utf-8 there is the problem I described. ISO works better but keyword search and special characters are a problem when searching.

Right now I have no idea what solution is better because both cause big problems.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 10:56:39 pm by Cyclist »
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
 

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.