Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie can't figure out Fantastico Upgrade Problem  (Read 3856 times)

IKnowNutting

• Coppermine newbie
Newbie can't figure out Fantastico Upgrade Problem
« on: January 02, 2006, 04:16:24 pm »

Hi,

I am not a very savy user.  I was in my ISP's Fantastico control panel and it prompted me to upgrade my gallery so I did so.  The upgrade errored out so I came here to check.

Now I have some problem.  The most obvious one is that you have to be logged in to look at the photos.  I have read here that I should not have used Fantastico to upgrade in the first place but that is about the level of my ability.  Fantastico did make a backup of how things were before the upgrade.  If I want to roll back to that is it just a matter of copying the files back or is there a database change too? 

I have read that I should run the upgrade.php script but I am having trouble trying to do that.

I was trying to use phpmyadmin and I am hunting around in there but it only seems to like query type things.  I am still trying to figure out how to run scripts.

Any help would be appreciated.  If I can get this fixed I will avoid upgrades because they are a little over my head.

Thanks,
H
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 04:25:53 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Newbie can't figure out Fantastico Upgrade Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 04:19:46 pm »

Just go to update.php in your browser.

http://www.yoursite.com/coppermine/update.php

IKnowNutting

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Newbie can't figure out Fantastico Upgrade Problem
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 04:21:53 pm »

Sweet!

That's so simple even I could do it.  Yea!  Thanks.  All better now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.