Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An unrecoverable explosion... what causes this?  (Read 3710 times)

mgc3003

• Coppermine newbie
An unrecoverable explosion... what causes this?
« on: January 03, 2006, 05:51:11 am »

First off, if I was doing something wrong by trying to remove the vanity images - I apologize. I was just trying to clean up the interface as much as possible. :-/

In the TEMPLATE.HTML , I attemped to comment out this line:   {CUSTOM_FOOTER}{VANITY}  ... I just wanted to see the forum without those 4 images across the bottom and figured if it didn't work - I'd just re-upload the template.html.

Unfortunately it blew something up. As soon as I uploaded the the template.html with that bit commented out, I get this across the top of the gallery, on every page:
ndtable(); $film_strip = ob_get_contents(); ob_end_clean(); return $film_strip; } ?> } ?>

It shows up on every page, across the top.  Does anyone know how I can recover from this?  I would be SO grateful if you could let me know if this is recoverable. :-/ What causes such a thing?  Re-uploading a proper version of template.html does NOT restore it? =(

mgc3003

• Coppermine newbie
Re: An unrecoverable explosion... what causes this?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 06:18:04 am »

How bizarre. Reuploading the original files from the CLASSIC theme directory one by one didn't seem to fix it... But when I uploaded the entire folder it seemed to fix it.  *** Is it possible that something like this can get cached at the server level?  If so how do you clear out that cache on the server side in order to know if you're actually fixing your problem?

My problem is fixed now, but I still don't know what caused it.  And it was scary...!   Sorry to litter your forum with this.  If anyone has an idea of what I encountered - I'd be grateful to know.  I've blown things up like this in phpBB and Invision Board as well -- with the same sort of problem.  Bits of code stuff appearing in unwanted places across the page out of order.

:-/

ecto

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • My very incomplete gallery
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 06:46:26 am »

Looks like you messed up the line breaks when editing template.html, or when uploading it. Sure that you had your FTP client set to the right mode (auto should do it) when uploading? And that you really uploaded the right files when you did it one by one?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 07:46:58 am »

there's a switch in coppermine's config that toggles the display of the vanity footer
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.