Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TGA Support?  (Read 4433 times)

seanw

• Coppermine newbie
TGA Support?
« on: January 01, 2006, 08:43:16 pm »

Hey guys, I've done a bit of searching and couldn't find anything detailed about TGA support.  Obviously TGA cannot be displayed on a webpage, but I want to be able to upload, and create jpg thumbnails with the ability to download the original TGA.  I can do this with Gallery2 right now, but it looks like there is better integration support with Coppermine (phpBB, etc).

So, can someone point me to a thread I haven't seen yet, or tell me how it's possible with Coppermine?  FYI, all I had to do with Gallery2 was add a mime type to a database table... ImageMagick supports TGA, so Gallery2 was able to run with it...  hoping it's something just as simple with Coppermine.  :)

Thanks!!
-Sean

Nibbler

Re: TGA Support?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 08:45:55 pm »

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 09:18:23 pm »

Actually, it's going to be harder than that as TGA isn't supported by getimagesize(). It's going to need a hack.

seanw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 09:19:57 pm »

Hehe... yeah, I was just messing around with that plugin.  Sure enough, the file is uploaded now, but that's all it can do with it.  It won't place it into an album, I'm assuming because of the getimagesize() problem you mentioned.  Well, bummer.  :(

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 09:25:01 pm »

Try making it a document filetype instead - then it'll be added to the album.  You can make your own jpeg thumbnails (prefix them with thumb_), FTP them to the same location, and then you'll have a thumbnail to go along with the file.

Example: jimmy.tga
thumb_jimmy.jpg
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

seanw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 09:29:04 pm »

The problem with manually making the thumbs is that I'm opening this up to the world to submit files (see www.wowtextures.com).  I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for the users, so I don't want to ask them to make thumbs or have them wait on me to make thumbs. 

If I only had more time, I'd look into working up a hack to make it work... i love writing code, I just don't have time to do everything I wanna do.  heheh... Dangol 24 hours.  Oh well, thanks anyway guys... I'll keep an eye out for TGA support (or hack) in the future.  :)

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 09:30:30 pm »

It's not something Coppermine has any control over - image manipulation is left to PHP and GD/ImageMagick.  If it can't be done, then Coppermine can't do anything about it.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 09:33:09 pm »

Actually it's the other way around. IM can create the thumbs but Coppermine has no mechanism to allow it to. I'll see if I can come up with a hack.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 09:35:01 pm »

If there's no native function in PHP to recognize that filetype, then there's a lot of code needed to make it work.  If you need a hand, let me know.

seanw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2006, 09:37:08 pm »

Man you guys are on the ball with replying - kudos to you!  And thanks in advance for anything you come up with, it's very much appreciated!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.